Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Really worried  (Read 2262 times)

shrosphirelass

Really worried
« on: June 28, 2023, 04:43:05 PM »

I am getting increasingly worried about my bleeding following a gynae exam manually and with with a speculum (not hysteroscopy). The day after the exam I woke up to bleeding in the early morning - bright red blood. During the last week I have been bleeding lighly continuously but every day have what I can only describe as a gush (bright red blood) which is then followed by clots. This most often happens in the night / early morning. Today I have severe cramping and feel sick though that may be from anxiety.

The gynae said there was no problems she could see. The sacn was good, only 2mm lining with some very small fibroids which didn't concern her. She said everything looked healthy.

So what can explain the bleeding - it sems too coincidental not to be related to the proceedure. Although I had bleeding before it was more like spotting and not red.

I am starting to go into panic mode and worrying about cervix problems as I haven't had a smear for 4 years. Or else some kind of physical damage from the proceedure, but I would have thought atrophy wouldn't cause gushes.

I rang the dr today not knowing whet else to do to and they said a 3rd party dr would ring this afternoon. They haven't!

I'm going on holiday on Sunday which makes things more difficult. Any one got any suggestions.

Thanks for reading this long message.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Really worried
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 05:45:44 PM »

Go on the holiday.   

It is unlikely to be vaginal atrophy causing 'gushing'.  How many pads do U require each day?  Take plenty with you as well as pain relief on an 'incase basis'. 

Could U make a face2face appt with the Nurse Practitioner at your surgery or is there an emergency walk-in Clinic near you? 

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 07:23:04 PM »

Fibroids can be the cause of clots and gushing

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2023, 06:03:23 PM »

Could an internal exam aggravate fibroids? The dr said they were only small and she had no concerns with them.

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 09:14:24 AM »

I'm not sure how she can tell all with just an internal,I had fibroids that were only picked up on a scan but if the lining of your vagina wall is thinning then an internal could definitely cause a tear.Either way you should go back and get some questions answered but I doubt it is anything too much to worry about,if you have fibroids in the womb or womb lining they can cause horrific bleeding,so push to get it seen to

Ermin2trude

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2023, 09:42:57 AM »

Ooooooh….internal scans send my fibroids into hissy fits. After the last one my fibroids bled for about 4 weeks. They definitely like me to know they are there and don’t like being looked at. Sometimes the bleeding is like a medium flow period ( red blood)  and it tapers off to brown spotting.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2023, 11:17:35 AM »

Did U decide to go on your holiday? 

shrosphirelass

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2023, 03:46:21 PM »

Sorry for the late reply. The gushing has now stopped and now just brown spotting as before. Intersting what you say about fibroids, it sounds reassuring as I keep worrying about cervical cancer in the absence of anything else. The gynae people just say I have to change my HRT and see if that has any effect, which I don't want to do. Got to discuss it next week.

Birdwatcher

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2023, 04:47:34 PM »

I have just read your post. I had a smear recently and because I was quite tight they were unable to take required sample. I was given pessaries. All good smear completed and came back as clear. Since the pessaries I have had trouble with odd bleeding , brown and red, for the last 3 days I have had flooding with clots. Like you always in the late evening or nighttime. That I don’t understand and neither does GP.
It was reassuring to read what people have to say. I have n urgent referral to the hospital for further tests . Thing is all was well until the pessaries ???

Glad your flooding has slowed down, like you I’m worried. I had hyperplayasia , I think that is what it was called , a thickening of the womb ,  a few years ago and that was sorted.

Reading the posts , it is good to know I’m not alone , thank you
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 04:56:18 PM by Birdwatcher »

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2023, 07:15:23 PM »

shropshirelass - did U go on your holiday?  As for being told to change your HRT - Gynaes know as much about HRT as many GPs seem to know!  Getting a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic is the next step, waiting lists are quite long and if your symptoms have improved when the appt arrives, U can cancel.

Interesting Birdwatcher, any idea what the pessaries were?  Brown blood is old, being held back probably due to not enough hormone to push it through: red blood is fresh and flows freely. 

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2023, 09:53:05 PM »

Hi Birdwatcher. I hope your referral goes well. Let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

sheila99

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2023, 08:52:45 AM »

What we're the pessaries? Anything that might have induced a bleed?