Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bleeding again - noooooo!  (Read 510 times)

Claire MM

Bleeding again - noooooo!
« on: July 23, 2023, 01:40:46 PM »

Hi sorry to bother you all. I was doing 0k for a few months post mirena removal (only in for 10 days), barely bleeding and only when I should. Was using half a cyclogest for two weeks. This month I'm away doing a course which is important to me. I had my period then a week off and since mid cycle I've been bleeding for 10 days, I have put cyclogest up to 200 which gives me genito urinary symptoms and has not stopped the bleeding. On Friday I will be due to stop cyclogest and have a bleed. I don't know whether to take my estrogen down a bit as I'm on a high dose but my bloods always show it as low. I feel this despair with it all and to top it off have a nasty virus. I feel like these symptoms just leave me unable to function in life. And that I will just have to give up the course. Any thoughts? The mirena was not a good option  for me.

Nas

Re: Bleeding again - noooooo!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 02:22:50 PM »

Could you try a different progesterone maybe?

What about utrogestan? Did that work for you?

Claire MM

Re: Bleeding again - noooooo!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 03:04:49 PM »

It did stop the bleeding but had other side effects i struggled with, I don't have any with me but have asked someone to post some. I had basically decided I didn't tolerate utrogestan but I can't be doing with the bleeding. I might just give it another go. Maybe its the balance. If I take it orally I get itchy boobs and anxiety in the morning and if I use it as a pessary geniti urinary probs. I might try it as a suppository for a few days when it arrives but that will be towards when I stop P. Good suggestion. I don't know what else to try really.