Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New ‘period pain’ ache across abdomen, back and legs. Why?!  (Read 2271 times)

Champers101

Re: New ‘period pain’ ache across abdomen, back and legs. Why?!
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2023, 11:00:22 AM »

Sadly no pain relief is making any difference. And complicated by it all making gut pain so much worse

Best case scenario is that this is just a blip - all was ok until just 10 days or so ago. Scared of going down rabbit holes re different hormone dosages etc when everything was so settled!

Nas

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2023, 11:14:51 AM »

I know what you mean re: swapping hormone treatments, it can be a hideous process.

I’m still minus my patch, but for how long I will survive, I don’t know. Just trying to get to scan day and decide what to do from there. In two minds whether to get my mirena removed, but that will no doubt open a new can of worms! Argghhh!!

Champers101

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2023, 04:23:59 PM »

Hope your scan went well today Nas!

Nas

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2023, 04:50:48 PM »

Thanks Champers.
They couldn’t tell me a thing!

Apparently the results go to the referring GP and that takes a week.

How are you doing? 

tambourine queen

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2023, 04:56:23 PM »

Am watching this thread as I’ve been quite crampy this month and stabbing left sided pain a bit. Am so fed up with myself. I’m on HRT but I’ve got a review on august 1st and I’m really not sure I want to continue it.

Nas

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2023, 05:00:54 PM »

What regime are you on tambourine queen?

tambourine queen

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2023, 05:34:27 PM »

Estrogen patches and Utrogestan 14 days off then on.

joziel

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2023, 09:48:08 PM »

Instead of reducing the estrogen dose (which it sounds like you need), it's increasing the progesterone which will help tame the effects of the estrogen.... It's much easier to try (unless you have bad effects to progesterone). Ask the doctor if you can go on the POP "(desogestrel) as well.

Champers101

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2023, 05:49:03 AM »

Oh no, Nas, I didn’t factor in a wait after the scan! Hopefully you’ll have answers very soon though.

I’m feeling worse! Yesterday the pain was so bad, all over my abdomen and my back. I’m really not sure how I’m going to be able to go on holiday next week like this and am in total panic. The GP wrote it all off as abdominal oh Monday but I just know that isn’t right.

In desperation I changed from a 100 patch to a 75 one last night - not sure how long it would take to see any effects from that. Knowing my luck I’ll get all the bad effects of lowering the dose and no good ones!

Poupee

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2023, 06:38:46 AM »

I've been getting bad cramping , back ache just like period pains, I've been on ovestin cream for nearly 2 weeks, I used to have bad periods when I was younger. High levels of estrogen can cause your body to release prostaglandins, or chemicals that make your uterus contract — also known as having cramps. I'm hoping that once I cut down to twice a week the cramps will subside. I am taking Buscopan for the cramping.

Champers101

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2023, 09:56:18 AM »

Sorry to hear that Poupee. Is the pain constant? Mine is - was hoping it would be cyclical, but no luck.

I’ve been on topical Blissel gel daily for a couple of months now, all has been fine but maybe it might help to finally reduce that to twice a week

Champers101

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2023, 11:27:23 AM »

Damn. Just had my scan and all is fine. So the mystery continues

Does anyone know how long it would take to see the effects of reducing oestrogen?

Thank you

Nas

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2023, 11:54:21 AM »

Glad your scan is all good champers. You were lucky to get the results there and then. Annoyed I have to wait so long really as I’m in a fair bit of pain.

Anyway, what’s your next plan of action? I would imagine you would see the effects in a couple of days. Fingers crossed you will tolerate the reduction well.

Poupee

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2023, 12:33:38 PM »

@Champers101
The cramping starts in the mornings when I get out of bed 6am, I'm putting it down to using the ovestin before bed working over night, the cramping normally wears off by lunch time.

Champers101

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2023, 01:03:38 PM »

Thanks Poupee. If anything mine is better when I wake and gets worse during the day. Panicking about it all probably contributes!

I was lucky to get the results today Nas, but on the other hand am back at square one! And that’s even more frightening! I’m going back to the GP tomorrow but don’t hold out much hope that she’ll be able to help.

One last long shot is to push for my mirena to be changed - it’s in position and quite new, but when I’ve felt like this in the past it’s always been mirena related

I’m still in shock that this can all just happen so quickly!
Pages: 1 [2] 3