Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Update on vaginal yeast infection  (Read 8437 times)

Midnight Shadow

Re: Update on vaginal yeast infection
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2023, 09:47:20 AM »

I don’t have a kidney condition, but I do have three kidneys. So I guess better to be safe than sorry. Still have the achiness but I guess it’s early days. Going to contact surgery tomorrow to see what strain of yeast it is. Don’t tell you much at my surgery. Thanks for all your responses. Much appreciated.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2023, 10:31:51 AM »

Drink lots! Is it an 'extra' kidney or a small piece growing on one of the other 2? 

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2023, 11:33:31 AM »

Hi CLKD it’s an extra kidney. Just like to be different.

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2023, 03:30:13 PM »

How did U find that out?   I know someone with a 'knob' of a kidney growing on 1 of the others, enough to have to drink plenty  ::)

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2023, 08:20:48 PM »

Some years ago I went for a kidney scan when I kept getting UTIS. The surgery also wanted to rule out diabetes. I was rather amazed when the lady doing the scan said did you know you have 3 kidneys. Hence, I do need to drink a lot of water. Told a member of staff at school I worked with I’m in your brothers club now I have three kidneys. Her reply was no, your not he has 4. We laughed about this. Thanks for all your concern. Had a slightly better day. Long may it continue. Think of finding out the strain of my yeast tomorrow, so my give the surgery a call.

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2023, 08:40:19 AM »

:o  :D

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2023, 08:09:20 AM »

An update on my 3rd vaginal swab. I still have heavy yeast growth. Lady doctor has now prescribed 2 Clotrimazole pessaries 500mg, one to be taken on day 1 and another on day 4. These are strong pessaries which she hopes finger crossed will rid this wretched yeast infection. I was told I could continue my vagifem. The last 3 vagifem pessaries used whilst I had this thrush infection caused my body to ache particularly arms, legs and hands. Thought last night here goes I will use another vagifem. After 10mins of insertion the aches started. Spoke to another lady Doctor this am about this and she advised stopping the vagifem and restarting gradually in a fortnight when hopefully the yeast infection has cleared. She did say they are very strong pessaries. I am crossing everything that these latest pessaries work. She also said,  it was unusual for a 65 year old lady to get thrush. Hey ho, I like to be different. Could there be some inter reaction from the yeast infection and the vagifem? Has anyone had a similar experience to this? Replies very much appreciated.

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2023, 08:29:03 AM »

Morning. How awful -  :foryou:   :thankyou:  for your update.

There must be a reason for this continual over growth of yeast.  Hopefully the pessaries will work, I would suspect that it wasn't the vagifem as such that caused the aches.  Does it list any side effects in the leaflet in the box?

Feet up.  Rest. 

Would a LIVE yoghurt eaten several times a day, after the pessaries have 'done their work', help from top to bottom to cleanse the digestive tract? 

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2023, 09:20:41 AM »

Thanks for responding CLKD. Will get some live yoghurt today. I do eat Soya yoghurt but that isn’t live. Yes, there are lots of side effects from Vagifem. Doctor hadn’t come across my side effects, so thought it could be thrush aggravated. She was very hopeful that the pessaries will work. It would appear that I am in Candida Die of period. It can take 3/10 days for all the toxins to rid the body. If that is the case, I will be a new women. Fingers crossed.

Wrensong

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2023, 09:33:23 AM »

Oh, Midnight Shadow, what a trial for you.  I am sorry.

Could there be some inter reaction from the yeast infection and the vagifem?
I thought vaginal oestrogen was said to predispose us to development of thrush & this (below) is what the Vagifem PIL says, but I imagine you'll already know that & that it's not really what you're asking here?

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5719.pdf

"4. Possible side effects

Uncommon: may affect up to 1 in 100 people
• An infection of the genitals caused by a fungus"

I really hope the medication gets rid of it for you this time.  I agree with CLKD about the yoghurt, unless you suffer from histamine intolerance.
Wx
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 09:35:39 AM by Wrensong »

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2023, 10:24:54 AM »

LIVE not necessarily 'natural' ;-).  Eaten and applied but do keep both tubs separate .  When my dog had chemotherapy she developed heart burn and loved a large dollop of LIVE from a spoon.  What would be symptoms of histamine intolerance?

Ann B

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2023, 10:51:24 AM »

Hi M.S.

I am no expert on yeast infection.  I was doing some research around the issue to find a natural preventative and came across quite a bit of beneficial anecdotal information on certain formulations of oral probiotic capsules.

If you look at the reviews on Amazon and other sites - 'Garden of Life' Dr Formulated probiotic capsules get positive reports from those who have failed on Fluconazole etc.

These types of probiotic are along the similar treatment approach of yoghurt and kefir, but incorporates specific known strains of lactobacilli that benefit the gut and vaginal microbiome.

I have taken my first one today.  I also make my own kefir.  I would like to take more kefir but it has a constipating effect on me.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2023, 11:36:13 AM »

Thank you for all your responses. Have been out and purchased some live yoghurt and am now going to look at the Garden of Life probiotics. Your thoughtful replies are much appreciated.

Wrensong

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2023, 11:41:25 AM »

CLKD
What would be symptoms of histamine intolerance?
Maybe have a look at Louise1976's thread on urticaria - I have just posted a link there on histamine intolerance.  Won't paste it in here as not relevant to Midnight Shadow's concerns.
Wx

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2023, 11:54:03 AM »

Please could Ann B just clarify The Garden of Life probiotics are in the pink box. I don’t want to buy the wrong ones. Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5