Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Update on vaginal yeast infection  (Read 8427 times)

Midnight Shadow

Update on vaginal yeast infection
« on: July 20, 2023, 03:53:53 PM »

An update as promised regarding my vaginal yeast infection. Had another swab sent off to be cultured. Still have heavy yeast growth. Was prescribed another two Fluconazole tablets, so hoping these shift it. Think Deidre said she had two lots of Fluconazole tablets before she was better. Tingling all gone, achiness not gone completely, but improving. Had two good days this week. Read that something called yeast die off period can cause the muscles to ache, hopefully meaning the tablets are getting rid of the fungal infection. Doctor did say thrush can affect the muscles in the vagina as can the Atrophy. Pleased I have not had any itching to contend with. Thank you for responding on previous posts. Replies always appreciated.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Update on vaginal yeast infection
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 05:06:29 PM »

What will the GP suggest should this treatment not work?  There has to be a reason for an over-growth of candida.  It was the itchyness high up that was so aggravating!

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2023, 05:09:27 PM »

I have yet to find out CLKD. I’m crossing everything that this treatment does work. Thanks for responding.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2023, 05:12:28 PM »

I hope that treatment knocks this on its head!  It can be hard work to get it sorted.  LIVE yoghurt ;-) eaten and applied.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2023, 05:16:51 PM »

Thank you for the update. When I have thrush I have aches and pains and feel unwell too. I hope the thrush goes and the two tablets do the job.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2023, 05:32:48 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake. It’s the aches and pains I cannot tolerate. The pain is similar to toothache. I think I need to man up.  ::) Hoping it goes after taking Saturday’s second tablet. Crossing everything.

LDP

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2023, 05:53:13 PM »

With my heavy thrush overgrowth I ended up having 3 flucozanle tablets each taken 72 hours apart  - 3 TIMES before it finally started to improve and eventually go.   I also combined with ibuprofen on the last course as read an article that said it was effective to be used for Candida.  (If you google ibuprofen for thrush you will see the article).
 I was on holiday in Spain where you can buy flucozanle over counter and it is sold in packs of 4.  (Pessaries prescribed by GP prior to going away had failed). 
I hope you feel better soon

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2023, 11:32:36 AM »

Thanks LDP for responding. Did you have an achy feeling? Have one more fluconazole tablet to take this pm. Hoping it shifts it. Sent a message yesterday on Ask My GP to a doctor asking for a cream to use internally. PN answered, obviously didn’t read any of my notes. First question had I had a swab ? Yes, two both showing heavy yeast growth. I then asked for a cream I could use internally to shift the aching. She eventually agreed to this.  I know yeast affects all the nerves down there. Well a few hours later my prescription was sent to Boots and I was hopeful only to find it was an external cream. Used it externally, slept well but achy again today. I ordered some canesten internal cream to use tonight from Amazon. Let’s hope this cream and my last Fluconazole will finally shift my heavy yeast. Replies appreciated.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2023, 03:32:57 PM »

Becareful with that 'caneston' ........... it made me burn for hours  :'(

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2023, 03:50:59 PM »

Thanks CLKD will use it very sparingly. It has burnt me in the past. Just got to try it getting desperate now. Had a good few hours yesterday and a good nights sleep. Today has not been so good. Just need rid of this toothache like pain. Doctors surgery are pretty useless. I no it’s not life threatening but it sure takes over your life. Will keep you posted.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2023, 04:04:49 PM »

:foryou:

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2023, 04:13:25 PM »

Ah! CLKD how kind.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2023, 04:27:06 PM »

Repeated thrush can be demoralising  >:(

LDP

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2023, 04:51:26 PM »

Midnight Shadow I do totally know how you are feeling and hope you get some let up soon.  Yes I experienced terrible aching and soreness - I would highly recommend ibuprofen to help with this and resting - don’t try to carry on as normal I think it makes things worse. 
Agree canestan cream can burn…and I’m not sure it did anything for me.  I think you may be better with a soft  pessary.  Prior to taking the tablets my GP tried 7 days of pessaries but they were hard ones and did not dissolve properly at all and did not cure it although gave some relief.
Be aware that the anti fungal tablet only works on vaginal secretions for 72  hours so it could feel OK and like it’s gone away but then this wears off. 
The nurses and GP at my surgery seemed to believe one tablet would do the trick but this was not at all the case at all  hence I took matters into my own hands - taking more tablets.  keep positive if you can - it will pass!

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2023, 05:00:33 PM »

Thank you LDP for your reassuring response. I have had a very lazy day. Just hoping the canesten doesn’t burn. I will try to man up and stay positive. Not easy I know, but will give it a go.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5