Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Period length  (Read 465 times)

Curlygirl

Period length
« on: July 18, 2023, 10:02:32 PM »

Hello lovely ladies ❤️

During this most fabulous time in our lives…..😬🫤

Have any of you ladies found that if you have a long gap between periods, that this is then followed by a long bleed??

And if you have a shorter, more normal length of time between, then this is followed by a shorter more normal length of period.

Anyone found this to be the case……. or is it just me?? 🫤

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
Re: Period length
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 07:21:04 AM »

Roughly speaking this is true of me as well.
My periods tend to be 24-34 days apart when I'm on HRT and the longer it had to build up, the heavier the period tends to be, but I also thought changing progesterones changed the amount I bleed too.

On Evorel Conti I had a really heavy period lasting over a week, that was 15 months after the previous one!

When the gap is three months it's heavy too, now I'm back on hrt I have a period every month at some stage and the difference isn't really noticeable, they are all heavier than I'd like!

One thing I noticed is that withdrawing progesterone doesn't trigger a bleed for me, I've been on sequi since March, but if I stop my oestrogen, then a bleed is guaranteed within a couple of days, no exceptions, but I've only done that three times (before March).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Period length
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 08:40:50 AM »

I suffered with heavy, clotty periods for years with excruciating pains.  The Pill eased some of that.

When I went into The Change my periods waxed and waned for several years: without the heaviness and pains.  I would have regular bleeds as my 'normal' cycle, then they would disappear for months.  Then return, always with warning symptoms.  Then they disappeared but until a couple of years ago, occasionally I would get the 'warning symptoms' which made me think :Not after all these years!:

A period never arrived so it was probably my hormones having a laugh  >:(  ::)