Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What is the maximum uterine lining thickness allowed?  (Read 1450 times)

CarolineM

Re: What is the maximum uterine lining thickness allowed?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2023, 08:30:49 AM »

Hi meno-mel,

I had a scan with the NHS in June this year and was told that 4mm is normal and 5mm or above triggers investigation, although 5mm if you're on HRT is quite likely to be normal. They also look for how uniform the lining is.

Hope that helps,

Caroline

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2023, 09:27:32 AM »

I don't think there's any chance I'd be under 5 mm 28 days into my cycle, but at least they can check for other things like fibroids, polyps or whatever was causing me to bleed on conti all last year.

If they take Estradot off me, if my lining is too thick, maybe they'll give me tibolone instead? That'd be ok as well and I'm nearly 54 which makes a difference somehow to that decision.

I feel so bunged up, constipated since my period started, when usually it's the opposite happens.
I can't hold my wee, I was in the kitchen thinking I'll just fill the kettle, reached to turn on the tap and needed the loo urgently, it's twenty feet to the loo but I didn't make it and half an hour later I did the same thing, except I just made it.

It's too full down there, my tilted uterus is currently full but emptying, my bowel's full and the bladder is squeezed out of me.
I was ok on daily vagirux, but they aren't giving me enough now to make a difference, I'm stuck on two a week and doing lots of laundry.
Grumble, grumble, grumble, Sunday morning blues.

Nas

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2023, 09:36:56 AM »

Are you sure you haven’t got a fibroid pressing on your bowel/ bladder? This can cause constipation and an urgent need to wee.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 10:00:45 AM by Nas »

Wrensong

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2023, 10:30:01 AM »

Meno-mel: various longstanding probs with progesterone, too involved to explain here.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2023, 10:44:17 AM »

It isn't good enough that you are denied medication  :bang: :bang: :bang:  would they treat those with diabetes, heart conditions etc. the same? 

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2023, 11:10:51 AM »

Are you sure you haven’t got a fibroid pressing on your bowel/ bladder? This can cause constipation and an urgent need to wee.
My constipation is definitely linked to my cycle. I've often thought it feels like my uterus has got so big that my bowel is blocked, that feeling is just before my period, then I sometimes get the runs for a day or two when my period starts.

Since my periods returned after the 14 month break we all thought was menopause, they have been fairly regular, but so very heavy.
I bleed loads and loads, 10ml an hour isn't unusual on the second day (I use a menstrual cup with measurements on it).

Maybe I do have a fibroid or something? Anyway, the bleeding was only "abnormal" after the first six months, so it's been happening the ten months I've been on the list for a scan, plus the six months before that when it was still "normal" because it's normal to bleed on conti during the first six months.

So this scan might be important I guess, as it's the first look at why I've had so much post meno bleeding for the last year and a half.

Now I'm just scaring myself!

Mary G

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2023, 11:29:46 AM »

If using cyclical HRT it must be under 5mm immediately post bleed and with a continuous combined regime it must always be under 5mm.

Most private clinics will not tolerate anything over 4mm and often refuse to prescribe HRT if over that limit.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2023, 02:03:43 PM »

I do felt constipated in the week prior to a bleed even if a period wasn't due.

Don't be too scared meno-mel.  Nature can cause all kinds of female problems  >:( ...... let us know how you get on.
Pages: 1 [2]