Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Sleep problems  (Read 2649 times)

Allana1133

Sleep problems
« on: July 17, 2023, 12:33:39 PM »

Hi I would appreciate some advice. I stop my estrodot 50 pst h 3 weeks ago as swollen breasts and very sore. I feel great but I can not sleep. I’m up every morning till 6. I take Utrogestan 100 every night and 6 mg of melatonin abt 10 pm. Still no sleep. I work everyday and have kids and feel I can’t cope no more. I was crying this morning as I’m shattered. Iv just put patch back on hoping to sleep tonight as that’s the only thing Iv did different. Could this be the problem? Thank you allana.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sleep problems
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 12:43:42 PM »

Morning. Lack of sleep becomes a bad habit as we focus on the next night's possibility of not sleeping. Again.

How long were you taking the Estradot?  Could it have been too much too soon ......... hopefully someone will be along with advice about the HRT.  It may be that alternate nights will suit with less breast swelling. 

When you say 'sore', do you mean breasts or vulva?

How was your sleep prior to beginning HRT? 

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.   :welcomemm:

Allana1133

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 12:47:03 PM »

Hi CLKD Iv been on hrt patch for 5 years. Everol then estrodot. Always done really well. Just sore boobs for the passes 5 weeks. They look swollen. I slept pretty well before I stopped my patch. Still needed small 3 mg dose of melentonin. Thank you

Allana1133

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2023, 12:54:57 PM »

Can I please also add. I got my blood work done as never felt that great. My results were, estrogen 2.10. Progesterone 2.33. I’m not sure if this can help some one help me. Thank you.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 12:55:14 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Rather then stop the patch altogether, would it be an option to cut it in half? You could be low in oestrogen.

Allana1133

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2023, 12:57:09 PM »

Thank you Flossieteacake. I could try that. Sorry I meant my estrogen was 210.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2023, 12:59:11 PM »

Thank you Flossieteacake. I could try that. Sorry I meant my estrogen was 210.

I have never understood hormonal levels and tend to go by how I feel. I am sure somebody who does will be able to help you soon. :)

Allana1133

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2023, 01:01:51 PM »

Me either. It’s so difficult. Thank you for your reply 😁

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2023, 01:38:37 PM »

I think they like you to be above 300 but the level each woman feels good on varies greatly. Insomnia is a common symptom of oestrogen deficiency, that and anxiety were my worst symptoms. Although it's supposed to be the same I found estradot stronger than evorel and oestrogel. Good advice to go back on the patches but cut a piece off. I would try cutting 1/8 - 1/4 off, if you cut it in half I think you will be lower than the evorel dose.

Allana1133

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2023, 02:05:33 PM »

Thank you sheila99. I will try that. I had a feeling it could be not wearing my patch. Thank you so much. Drs didn’t mention anything about hormone levels so I paid private from a pharmacy as new somthing wasn’t right.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2023, 02:35:31 PM »

I think from going to the 50 oestrogen to nothing would have confused your body and caused your oestrogen to drop. Hopefully taking your patch with a bit cut off will make you feel better again. :)

Allana1133

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2023, 02:53:19 PM »

Yes definitely. Thank you for your advice. I appreciate everyone help. 🙂

MrsE!

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2023, 03:00:51 PM »

Having changed from patches to Lenzetto,  which has caused adverse reactions.No on nothing at all.  Sleep would be good .Yes cotton bedding etc . I don't eat anything at all after 6pm. I'm really strict about white noise.  Sometimes I wake & have to change entirely, once my  body has been doused in Magicool spray. There's a cooling cream I put round my feet to cool them down also . Problem then is  by time I've managed to get back into bed ,not woken the  oh I'm shattered . It's a viscous cycle

Allana1133

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2023, 03:36:35 PM »

Thank you for your reply MrsE!,I get very hot feet at night. Then the rls starts. That is another reason I tried stopping hrt. I will look for a foot cooling cream. Thank you.