Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femseven conti and bleeding  (Read 535 times)

shrosphirelass

Femseven conti and bleeding
« on: July 14, 2023, 06:46:50 PM »

Can anyone tell me if they have had any issues with bleeding with femseven conti? I am on evorel conti and have been advised to change to a different HRT because of bleeding on and off for many months. Id rather continue with transdermal but need to be able to state what I want before I have something imposed on me.
Many thanks

Nas

Re: Femseven conti and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 08:38:03 PM »

Maybe try a mirena for bleeding control. It delivers small doses of progesterone directly to the womb and can be very effective.

Don’t know anything about femseven, but were you definitely post menopausal before you started a conti regime? If not, that could account for the bleeds and a sequi regime may suit you better.

Dierdre

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 09:19:41 PM »

I tried Femseven Conti for three months,  I was 8 years  post meno. I had 2 periods a month apart, really heavy with clots but then just spotting for a few weeks. It did say this can happen in the first six months so I assumed my lining was too thick and the progesterone was doing the job.
The patches wasn't that brilliant at sticking and left a red ring but otherwise no side effects.
I stopped using them as they made no difference to my VA and I had no other meno symptoms. I upped my local estrogen instead.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2023, 09:41:17 PM »

I had the same amount of bleeding on both Evorel Conti and FemSeven Conti. I swapped back to sequi in the end

Taz x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2023, 12:43:13 PM »

I'm age 61 and was very late menopause, not exactly sure when because of HRT use. It looks like it's not worth asking for femseven then. I wouldn't mind a sequi regime, as at least the bleeding would be predictable. Unfortunatley, its not suitable for me as the reason I went on HRT age 57 was due to ongong hormonal migraines. I was put on a sequi regime and although they did marginally improve I elected to go on conti age 59 and my headaches are now more or less under control.

I know the best option is a mirena but due to anxiety I can't have it fitted.

I think Id just continue with the bleeding but I dont think theyd let me, even though the scan showed a lining of only 2mm.

Thanks all for your suggestions and help.

Dierdre

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2023, 12:57:07 PM »

It might be worth giving Femseven a try as it's a different progesterone. My scan showed 6mm so it was too thick and probably why I had the bleeds. I'd been on oral Femiston previously and I don't think that progesterone was absorbing and keeping the lining thin, I had awful moods and PMT symtons.