Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: High Oestrodial levels-should I be taking hrt?!  (Read 505 times)

Stephelli

• First Flush
High Oestrodial levels-should I be taking hrt?!
« on: July 12, 2023, 01:40:41 PM »

Hi everyone, first time posting...I had hormone bloods done privately 4 week's ago. I have been on & off taking hrt for around 2 years. I stopped itcahsin in February then i thought id get my bloods done to check. My oestrodial was 1157pmol/l, lh 28.2 and fsh 28.3. I shared these with My gp & he said its OK to start hrt?? I've been taking 2 pumps oestrogel & on 2nd week of utrogestan. I'm concerned I shouldn't be taking hrt as i read that anything over 800 it should be avoided??? Anyone else had this experience? X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: High Oestrodial levels-should I be taking hrt?!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 01:54:33 PM »

Morning.   :welcomemm:   

Hormonal blood tests are reliably un-reliable.  They need to be taken at certain times of the month etc.. 

Why do you feel that you require HRT, is there a particular symptom that you would like to ease? 

If your GP has prescribed HRT and you are worried, U could ask a Pharmacist for advice?  MayB someone here will be along who is familiar with your current regime.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/syptom diary of use to chart process, including those 'better' days  ;)

Browse round, make notes.  Ask away. 

Stephelli

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 03:47:45 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I've been on and off hrt for a few years due to my terrible moods, brain fog.....I've been on & off as I've never felt 100% about taking it with the risks etc. Good idea re the pharmacist. The doctor who did my report after the private blood test to speak to my gp to adjust my hrt as oestrodial was high however I wasn't on hrt at the time of the test....x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 04:03:46 PM »

Which risks worry you the most?  A lot of cancer reports have been dis-credited.  Which your GP should be able to reassure you about.

Qualify of Life too - after all, that bus might creep up behind long B4 any symptoms arrive ;-). 

How R your periods behaving?
How is your diet overall?
Moods and brain fog can be difficult to deal with especially if 1 is bringing up children/teens, caring for elderly relatives as well as working
Exercise regime?

What did your GP suggest after the Doctor spoke with him?

Let us know how you get on. 

Stephelli

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2023, 05:22:06 PM »

Yes I know what you mean about the risks....I'm an over thinker!
I've had 2 periods in 7.5 months and they were only short periods (I'm 50 btw)
Diet is good as I'm T1 diabetic so I eat well.
Sorry the doctors report from the private blood test was sent to me not my gp. In the report it said for me to speak to my gp re hrt dose if was taking hrt which I wasn't at the time. Yes I have a 7 year old & my moods were really bad with him & my partner.....red mist!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2023, 05:23:31 PM »

Hello Stephelli and welcome to the forum. I do not know anything about blood tests and levels but just wanted to welcome you. :)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2023, 06:01:23 PM »

Hi! print the 'hints for husbands' from the forum, read and pass to DH.  Some find that a buzz word spoken by your husband and/or son, will stop the anger surges.  Allowing you to walk away ....... and breathe.

Everything we take has risks.  Getting out bed even  ::).  I fall over my slippers several times a day  :o.  I even found the end of a long brush handle the other day = the brush actually kicked my thigh - brushing today.

Is there a particular risk that worries you?  My periods waxed and waned for several years, I knew it was The Change so wasn't worried.  Then in 2002 I realised that they had gone! 

Let us know how you get on.