Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Dull ache in vaginal area  (Read 1682 times)

Midnight Shadow

Dull ache in vaginal area
« on: July 12, 2023, 05:57:55 AM »

Morning ladies. Hope somebody can help me. On Monday, I took my second dose of prescribed Fluconazole tablet for a heavy growth of yeast. The tingling sensation which I had for 3 weeks has now ceased. Now just left with a dull ache in the vaginal area. Has anybody else suffered this from thrush? Don’t know wether it is the nerve endings that have suffered from all the tingling. I know the Fluconazole tablets can take a fortnight to work. Hoping to get back to normal very soon. I was doing so well with my Attiphy. Replies appreciated.

Flossieteacake

Re: Dull ache in vaginal area
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 07:39:56 AM »

Perhaps the ache is related to VA. I have had this kind of pain often. It is so good to hear the tingling sensation has gone. Perhaps it may help to increase the VA treatment? I find thrush makes my VA worse and I often need to use Ovestin twice a day rather then once a day.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 07:55:49 AM »

Thanks for responding Flossieteacake much appreciated. I too wondered if it is all connected to my VA. Do you use your Ovestin cream internally. I use estriol cream but only on the outside, maybe I should use it internally as well on the nights I don’t use my Vagifem. Just need to get rid of the ache rather like a dull toothache. Can’t concentrate on anything else. Have a nice day.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 07:59:30 AM »

Thanks for responding Flossieteacake much appreciated. I too wondered if it is all connected to my VA. Do you use your Ovestin cream internally. I use estriol cream but only on the outside, maybe I should use it internally as well on the nights I don’t use my Vagifem. Just need to get rid of the ache rather like a dull toothache. Can’t concentrate on anything else. Have a nice day.

I use Ovestin internally and outside. I am unable to tolerate any other VA treatments, which is a shame. It is worth trying the Ovestin internally on the days you do not use Vagifem.

I hope you have a nice day too. :)

Dierdre

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2023, 09:27:10 AM »

I've had thrush recently without realising it, thought it was part of my atrophy flare up so it was well established before the swab result of postive. The symptoms were cramps like a dull ache and burning when I put anything up there including Vagifem and Ovestin. The cottage cheese discharge symptom was only noticed when I had the swab as the thrush was high up around my cervix. No sign of it externally or soreness on the vulva which is the first symptom I would have normally had with previous infections.
It can take a week or so to be totally clear and if it's been a bad infection you will be tender inside. If your not feeling an improvement each day you may need another dose, sometimes I've needed 2 treatments to shift it. You could ask for another swab to be sure it's gone.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2023, 09:47:15 AM »

Thanks for responding Dierdre. I am having another swan done to take to surgery at the end of the week. Nice lady Doctor, said thrush can affect all the muscles down there along with Atrophy which can also cause muscle pains. Anyway thank again for showing concern.

Dierdre

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2023, 10:26:03 AM »

I suppose that makes sense about the muscle pains with atrophy as it does impact on the pelvic floor and that's the muscle holding everything up.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2023, 11:40:36 AM »

OUCH!  I used to get a dull ache in the bottom and vagina when my period was due so it may well be hormones causing your symptoms.

When I had thrush after stopping the contraceptive Pill it was so high up that I was unable to reach to scratch  :o and of course, the Gynae Registrar said 'no scratching I know it's difficult, but no scratching'.  I was given a pessary but can't remember what it was.

I also had thrush after emergency surgery so if I have to go into hospital with plenty of warning, I eat lots of LIVE yoghurt to keep the digestive tract 'clean' of candida.