Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: HRT advice  (Read 1180 times)

shrosphirelass

HRT advice
« on: July 11, 2023, 03:52:44 PM »

I have been told I need to change my HRT to try to stop the sporadic bleeding I have been experiencing. I am currently using evorel conti and am fairly happy with it. I still get some flushes and dizzy spells, etc but its manageable and I don't get any bad side effects so I really don't want to change.

I have a telephone appointment to discuss this next week. I thought it best to have some options to ask for, if they insisit on changes, rather than having something imposed on me.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Ermin2trude

Re: HRT advice
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 07:30:51 AM »

My sporadic bleeding came from fibroids. I now have a Mirena coil for the progesterone part of HRT which has helped the bleeding and a separate patch for the oestrogen (estradot). If you have a coil fitted, it would mean you could have a slightly higher patch for the oestrogen than you get with the Evorel conti, and that would help with the flushes and dizziness.

Pauline67

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 07:47:27 AM »

Morning Shrosphirelass

I had exactly the same thing as you, was on Evorel Conti then started bleeding after the 6 months. Felt ok on it apart from the bleeds.  I was told i needed to change HRT and was put on Utrogestan 100 x 2 caplets and Evorel 75.  Bleeding stop almost immediately for me, but ive been struggling with the side effects but they are getting better day by day.  HRT effects women in different ways so you may be ok on the Caplets, otherwise you have the Coil to maybe consider.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 07:29:54 PM »

Thank you both, I think the mirena would be a good option but I am too anxious to get it fitted. I think they wouldn't be able to do it as I clamp shut even though I do really try to relax.

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2023, 10:50:12 AM »

Thank you both, I think the mirena would be a good option but I am too anxious to get it fitted. I think they wouldn't be able to do it as I clamp shut even though I do really try to relax.
I had a D&C and mirena fitted under general anasthetic, I didn't want the GA but wasn't offered a choice at the time. Maybe that would be an option for you? Or sedation?

I tried Evorel Conti and had bleeding with it too, after a year of bleeding five days a month on various continuous regimens, they decided to switch me to sequi, now I'm on Estradot50 all the time and utrogestan for 12 days a month, so I'm allowed to bleed now, lol, my body was going to bleed anyway. It only doesn't bleed if I don't take hormones at all!

I'm close to 54 now btw, the GP says I'm post meno but the HRT nurse says I'm peri meno, not post yet at all.
Evorel50 was not similar to Evorel Conti at all, it didn't work for me, different oestrogen in it from Ev Conti or Estradot50.
I take utrogestan vaginally now to reduce its side effects and Estradot50 seems just like Evorel Conti in how well it is working, despite being a different brand.

I'm trying to get tibolone, only allowed if you don't bleed :(
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 11:17:08 AM by meno-mel »