Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anxiety/perimenopause???  (Read 4423 times)

PeriWhat?!

Re: Anxiety/perimenopause???
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2021, 12:27:02 PM »

I've now been on HRT for 10 weeks. Use 2 pumps of gel and cyclic progesterone. I can't say that I've noticed much of a difference. I seem to still feel anxious and have brain fog. I have my follow up online appointment after Christmas. I'm not sure if and when I need to increase the gel? Did people find the patches worked better for them then the gel? I'm confused as what to do next? Do I stopped HRT altogether if it's not helping? Do I need to try it for the full 3 months?
Thanks for your support

Hi ClareBear - is there any pattern to the times when you feel most anxious? I started a thread on here that helped me to track my symptoms with the different treatments and it helped me to remember any patterns that turned up.
I've tried a few different types of HRT in the past year or so and am still figuring it out but feeling very hopeful now I'm under the care of a menopause clinic. If you have an NHS menopause clinic near you, I've recently discovered that GPS are told they can't refer us until we've tried at least two types of HRT. Not sure if that's just where I am, or if they all have that guidance.
Either way, we all seem to get advised to try each type of HRT for three months before assessing how well it's working. Saying that, I had to ditch one of mine much sooner than that because of extreme side effects. I'm in a much better place now, thank god!

Emma007

• First Flush
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2023, 11:01:04 AM »

Hey all, I know this is an old post, but I'm 40, told in January being perimenopausal, I've suddenly started getting anxiety attacks everytime I need to get in a car, which is no good to me as driving is my job, after a visit to Dr's today they've put me on propanolol. Is this any good?? I have 3 days of sickness left before I'm back at work, hoping this is fast working.

SarahT

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2023, 06:34:12 AM »

Hello Emma,

Welcome to the forum. Whilst I personally am notion propanolol I know some women on here so take this.
Maybe put this into the search bar to see what comes up to check other people's experiences?

Am embarking on the anxiety meds soon myself. So you are not alone in this horrible symptom, it's a sad part of peri but can be supported with meds.

Am sure someone will be along to give their advice too x

Penguin

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2023, 06:55:17 AM »

Hi Emma
I've taken propanalol a few times on an ad hoc basis. You can expect it to work for the physical symptoms of anxiety by lowering heart rate etc, but not necessarily the mental ones. However, having had a course of cbt, I found that by reducing the physical symptoms which pretty much paralysed me from thinking straight, I was in a much calmer place to then apply the physical tools I'd learnt during the cbt sessions. Have you had any cbt or talking therapy? It may be worth asking for a referral or self referring if you can. I also found hypnotherapy works well for driving anxiety, I used it to pass my driving test years back.
Penguin
Pages: 1 [2]