Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Increased hrt and feel worse  (Read 993 times)

shakilla

Increased hrt and feel worse
« on: July 08, 2023, 02:09:05 PM »

Hi all,

I've recently increased my hrt from 50 to 75 patches as I was getting itchy skin, paipitations and vaginal dryness. But since increasing I've got he worst rage ever. Feel constantly angry and the itchy skin is even worse. My sleep has also gone really bad. Does anyone know what it could be. Should I go back to what I was on before?.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Increased hrt and feel worse
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 03:18:05 PM »

It's mayB too much too soon. 

How long were you on 50?  I don't think that there is a dose in-between 50 and 70, why GPs don't realise that the body may well react and not in a positive way?

Which patches?   Itchy skin is usually due to the loss of oestrogen ........

Vaginal dryness probably requires localised appropriate treatment, i.e. vagifem or ovestin.  Has your GP offered this to you?

Don't use the 75 - if U have 50, tomorrow use it.  Give yourself 24 hours break.  Let us know how you get on.

shakilla

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2023, 03:37:12 PM »

Thank you. I was wondering if it was too strong a dose but then with the itchy skin I thought it cant be as itchy skin is usually down to low oestrogen isn't it. So it confused me. I'm on evorell patches. Could I maybe not be absorbing it so well?.

AngelaH

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2023, 04:16:38 PM »

I have so itchy scalp, which drives me mad and it seems to be it doesn’t matter what amount of oestrogen I pump to my body, even if it so much that it makes me sick. Well, from my point of view we need to be careful with HRT.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2023, 05:00:28 PM »

There are moisturisers that may ease scratching.  E-brands or something that is kind to a babies' skin?

AngelaH

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2023, 05:27:30 PM »

When I had itchy skin on my face due to drop of progesterone level, I was prescribed Corticosteroid cream, because my GP thought it was sort of allergy on something, it helped me. But since my progesterone was fixed I didn’t have any itchy problems anymore.

shakilla

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2023, 05:57:52 PM »

How did you get your progesterone levels fixed? I take one utrogestan tablet every night as I get migraines. So was wondering if I'd be better with the progesterone coil?

AngelaH

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2023, 09:38:32 AM »

How did you get your progesterone levels fixed? I take one utrogestan tablet every night as I get migraines. So was wondering if I'd be better with the progesterone coil?
With Mirena coil. I was prescribed with utrogestan 100 on top for HRT and that near killed me, utrogestan this is poison for me.

Ermin2trude

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2023, 09:46:12 AM »

I’m another one that fixed the itchy skin by increasing progesterone. Initially 200mg of utrogestan (because 100mg made me feel desperately low), and now the Mirena plus 100mg of utrogestan (sometimes 200mg if I start to feel desperate again). When I increased oestrogen the itchy skin and scalp got worse because the oestrogen sets off histamine, so now I’m settled on a 50 patch with higher progesterone.

AngelaH

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2023, 10:49:21 AM »

I’m another one that fixed the itchy skin by increasing progesterone. Initially 200mg of utrogestan (because 100mg made me feel desperately low), and now the Mirena plus 100mg of utrogestan (sometimes 200mg if I start to feel desperate again). When I increased oestrogen the itchy skin and scalp got worse because the oestrogen sets off histamine, so now I’m settled on a 50 patch with higher progesterone.

Exactly what I am thinking about, probably it’s not oestrogen, which causes problems for me, but still progesterone. I need more progesterone, increasing oestrogen makes me definitely sick and skin more  itchy, so my oestrogen level is OK. I have Mirena for 4 years now, probably it’s need to be replaced, I talked to my GP about that, but she said I can leave it for 1 year more, despite NHS NICE advice use Mirena for HRT proposal no more than 4 years. I need to talk to GP again.  :(

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2023, 02:20:23 PM »

Thank you. I was wondering if it was too strong a dose but then with the itchy skin I thought it cant be as itchy skin is usually down to low oestrogen isn't it. So it confused me. I'm on evorell patches. Could I maybe not be absorbing it so well?.
Hi Shakilla,
I've just switched from Evorel patches to Estradot, both the 50 strength. After reading your post, I'm so glad I switched over instead of going up Evorel 75 because the itchiness from Evorel was driving me nuts. I was scratching around the Evorel patches, other patches I use became newly itchy too, my scalp and hairline itched, it wasn't good.
I didn't like Evorel much because I didn't get a reduction in flushes or sweats, I thought it's maybe not absorbing, that's why I tried Estradot instead.
Now night sweats are fewer, I'm feeling loads better and ALL that itching is GONE.
I still might try more oestrogen, but I'll be sticking with Estradot from now on.

shakilla

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2023, 03:46:24 PM »

Guys thank you so much for your replies. I've long suspected that the problem for mme is morea progesterone thing rather than oestrogen.
The itching is literally driving my up the wall since I've increased my patch. And I'm having constant migraines.
I think the mirena coil might be a good thing me iv just always been put off as my sister had a lot of pain/cramps when she had hers put in but worth a try I think now.