Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan syncing - opinions please  (Read 391 times)

Clazzy123

• First Flush
Utrogestan syncing - opinions please
« on: July 08, 2023, 01:06:29 PM »

After some opinions. I'm perimenopause on gel and utrogestan for 2 weeks out of the month. My "normal" cycle and the withdrawal bleed haven't synced up since I started on this regime 5 months ago. In the first month I did start utrogestan on day 15 of my cycle but then didn't have a period etc. I've carried on taking the utrogestan as aligned to when I first started (hopefully that makes sense) but I'm now on day 15 today but wouldn't start utrogestan till next Saturday. Do you think I should start it today and attempt to get everything synced? X

sheila99

Re: Utrogestan syncing - opinions please
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 01:54:43 PM »

I would do so, I found it better when the two cycles were in sync. It can be difficult (impossible?) if your own cycle isn't regular. Many people can't tell when they ovulate but if you can if start utro a day or two later it will keep them in sync.

DottyD68

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2023, 02:01:28 PM »

I initially started the same regime with my own bleed which was fine for a few months, but my own bleed has gradually got earlier so now I have a bleed while I'm on the utrogestan phase. I haven't tried to sync it up again as I think it is a moving target and would then risk taking the wrong dose of utrogestan. My view is that as long as I'm having a bleed it's ok. I have had the odd month or so when I haven't had a bleed. I had a scan in April and everything was fine.
I don't think the whole HRT thing is black and white and everyone is different, so maybe best to speak to a medical professional if you're not sure what's occurring.
Good luck. Hope it settles x

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2023, 02:41:50 PM »

There was a recent discussion about this and someone suggested taking your first utrogestan on day 15 after your period started, regardless of your period being late or early. I switched to this way and it is very much easier for me. I was getting confused before because my period tends to come before I finish my 12 progesterone days. This month is my first one where I've not bled during my 12 P days and it's also the first time I've used utrogestan vaginally at only 100mg a day, :o I'll have a good think about that!

Anyway, that is what I do now.
I take utrogestan beginning either;
on day 15 after my period started,
or,
on day 28 since I last started it,
whichever happens first.

So, yes, take it today is my very non medical advice.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 02:48:06 PM by meno-mel »