Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: increased estrogen, now period is late?  (Read 1250 times)

joziel

increased estrogen, now period is late?
« on: July 05, 2023, 09:33:41 PM »

Can someone explain what might be happening here...

Usually I have a 25 day cycle on the dot, every single month. I start taking my utrogestan on day 14 and I take it for 12 nights. Usually I get my period even before finishing the utrogestan, the last 2 days there's an overlap.

I've recently switched to gel for estrogen and although only on 2 pumps, I can tell I'm absorbing much better than patches.

This is my first month on gel. I finished my utrogestan 2 days ago - and still no period even today. (Day 27 now.)

How has increasing my estrogen delayed my period? Can it do that?

Emma

• Administrator
Re: increased estrogen, now period is late?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 09:24:52 AM »

Estrogen plays a crucial role in the menstrual cycle, and changes in estrogen levels can affect the timing and regularity of periods. However, it's important to note that the effects of hormone therapy can vary from person to person.

Some possible effects of increased estrogen levels may include:
  • Changes in cycle length: Estrogen can influence the duration of the menstrual cycle, causing it to become shorter or longer.
  • Irregular periods: Estrogen fluctuations can lead to irregular or unpredictable menstrual cycles.
  • Lighter or heavier bleeding: Estrogen levels can affect the amount of menstrual flow, potentially leading to lighter or heavier periods.
  • Absence of periods: In some cases, estrogen therapy may cause periods to stop altogether, resulting in amenorrhea.

joziel

Re: increased estrogen, now period is late?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 12:07:36 PM »

Thanks. I wonder what the mechanism is, though!

I'm supposed to increase my estrogen to 3 pumps this weekend, but now feeling a bit anxious about trying that. I guess I still should?? (Dealing with insomnia, inner tremors, heart beating hard.)