Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Palpitations all day and night  (Read 497 times)

Jodiej79

• First Flush
Palpitations all day and night
« on: July 05, 2023, 07:48:58 PM »

Hi I’ve recently started on sandrena the lowest dose I’ve been on it about 4 weeks now for the past week I have had palpitations all day and all night not stopping plus pain in my chest also aching in my right calf I went to the walk in centre and they ran tests ecg bloods blood pressure but all seemed to be fine I’m worried as I go on holiday abroad in two weeks has anybody else had them constantly all day and night I can’t concentrate on anything else 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Palpitations all day and night
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023, 07:57:25 PM »

Hi!  :welcomemm:  hopefully some1 on the regime will be along with advice.

We have a holiday thread too ;-). 

Sometimes HRT can cause palpitations - you could put 'sandrena' into the search box to C what pops up.  Make notes ;-)

joziel

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 12:16:58 PM »

How old are you? I had a reaction similar to this when first starting HRT. I think it happened because I'd been on desogestrel for 10 years which had suppressed my own estrogen and ovaries and then I stopped that and started HRT at the same time and it was just too much, too fast.

Have you recently stopped the pill? Or are you older and perhaps your body isn't used to estrogen?

What is 'the lowest dose'? It might be an idea to go even lower (usually by splitting the dose).

It can take up to 3 months for your body to get used to estrogen especially if it hasn't had it for a while...

Losingtheplot

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 01:05:37 PM »

Hi I’ve recently started on sandrena the lowest dose I’ve been on it about 4 weeks now for the past week I have had palpitations all day and all night not stopping plus pain in my chest also aching in my right calf I went to the walk in centre and they ran tests ecg bloods blood pressure but all seemed to be fine I’m worried as I go on holiday abroad in two weeks has anybody else had them constantly all day and night I can’t concentrate on anything else

Hi hunni,

I totally sympathise as the palpatations are just so crippling as I've been there.

I'm on sandrena gel 0.5 mg sachets for 14 days and Utrogestan for remaining 14 days. It took about 4 to 6  weeks for my  palpatations to settle and other symptoms too. Maybe book an appointment with whoever prescribed the gel although they may ask you to wait 3 months as can take this time for HRT to be effective.
You could ask your GP to prescribe beta blockers Propananol to take on a as and when basis as they helped calm my heart beat down when it was really fast. Within 30 mins symptoms calmed down as they reduce the palpatations. I was just on a low dosage 10mg tablets but was told I could take them 3 times a day. This will then hopefully manage the palpatations until you reach 3 months by which time the gel may been helping. The beta blockers are not addictive but helped me at difficult times. I used to have the packet beside my bed at night so I had them ready should a bad anxiety attack and palpatations start!
Luckily I haven't had to take any Propananol now for 6 weeks and i am.now on month 4 of HRT.
Hope this is helpful xxx
Xxx