Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Thank the NHS  (Read 624 times)

Donna-paul

Thank the NHS
« on: July 05, 2023, 06:26:16 PM »

I’m 12 weeks recovering from total hysterectomy everything removed because of a cancer scare. I can’t thank my Gp and surgeon enough with prompt action and care received. Post menopausal been on hrt 5 years continuous 15 mths ago got spotting fast tracked to postmenopausal clinic womb lining just over 5mm had biopsy there and then came back all clear. Fast forward 15mths got spotting again sent back to fast track clinic womb lining ok but nurse still did a biopsy and it came back abnormal saw Consultant 4 days later. They found precancerous cells atypical endometrial hyperplasia and recommended removing everything. He got me in 2 weeks later and removed everything got all clear from pathology it hadn’t spread. Been a shock lots of tests coming of hrt straightaway and now healing. Do get checked if something do not feel right however small 💙 at the same time they found lumps in my breasts i had to been seen for mammogram and ultrasound given all clear I have lumpy breasts. I don’t know how I feel about hrt at present struggling with hot flushes and night sweats.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Thank the NHS
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023, 07:39:44 PM »

Strangely this is the 2nd thread 2day about the need for an emergency hysterectomy  ...........

How do u feel overall?  U may require some form of HRT - mayB make a list of your symptoms for a few weeks to discuss with your GP?  Do U see the Consultant again?

Donna-paul

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 08:37:53 AM »

Im taking longer to recover but each week bit better. I don’t see the consultant anymore I have a very good Gp who knows lot about hrt. I will do another post asking what other people have done my cancer surgeon was not keen said only take a low dose if symptoms are severe.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 11:13:53 AM »

I would stick to a single post otherwise responses may become lost.   :-\