Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Timing of utrogestan  (Read 509 times)

jorainbow

Timing of utrogestan
« on: July 05, 2023, 05:38:05 PM »

I managed to speak to my GP re the lenzetto which I am now on day 14 of and due to take 200mg of utrogestan vaginally starting today. She seemed to think it was OK even though I have just finished my period  which was early and probably the cause of the migraines as once it started they stopped. I'm somewhat confused as to what's best. Will the 14 day utrogestan cause another bleed? I'm also hoping it won't kick the migraines off again too. I got them terribly with mirena along with drowsiness and sleeping for England!

Hurdity

Re: Timing of utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 07:57:18 PM »

Difficult to say - if you are peri-menopausl then your own cycle could kick in or the progesterone withdrawal might cause another bleed. On the other hand as you have just finished bleeding if all the lining was shed you may well not build up enough in 14 days to need to shed it once you've stopped the prog phase.

Hope it goes well and do let us know what happens re your period.

Hurdity x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 11:01:56 PM »

I found it better to synchronise the hrt cycle with my own so I started counting again with the first day of my bleed as day 1. One bleed a month is enough, I really don't want two.

DottyD68

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2023, 11:00:54 AM »

I initially started mine in sync with my own bleed but it soon became out of sync and I now usually have a bleed during my 14 days of utrogestan but not one after I stop it. I only have one bleed a month but it seems to have crept closer together.

jorainbow

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2023, 11:23:10 AM »

Thanks all. I decided to go down the holding off to try synch it with my own cycle route which means I'm counting to 14 again from last Saturday. Unfortunately I'm now experiencing increased anxiety, dizziness and nausea. It's no fun is it 🙄