Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Please help I need advice about timing of bleeding while on hrt?  (Read 746 times)

Starfish

Hi there,

I have been on hrt for a few years, tried different kinds and I have a review appointment soon. I consistently bleed in week two of utrogeston? Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? I don’t have bleeding after stopping the utrogeston.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Please help I need advice about timing of bleeding while on hrt?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 02:31:35 PM »

Hi!  mayB put the product name into the search box to see if threads pop up?  Make notes ;-).  It's weekend so many won't be around to answer. 

joziel

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2023, 02:33:00 PM »

When are you taking it in relation to your period? Have you tried syncing it with your cycle?

Starfish

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2023, 04:07:38 PM »

Hi Joziel,

Thanks for your reply.

I don’t really have a cycle anymore. When I started evorel and utrogeston my natural cycle was every 4 - 5 months. That was around three years ago. So I just take utrogeston for 15 days, then stop for 15 days.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2023, 09:29:22 AM »

Hi Starfish

If you follow CLKD's advice to search for other posts - be sure to use the correct spelling which is UTROGESTAN otherwise you won't see any posts - it's difficult to remember all of these different product names especially when new to them!

Re the cycle - if you are post-menopausal and don't have a cycle, then your withdrawal bleed is perhaps starting a little early - and this does happen with some women. (Depends when in week 2 you bleed, as it is completely normal to start bleeding either towards the end of week 2 or after stopping the utro). It probably means your lining is ready to come away then. However do keep an eye on it and if you start to bleed at very much the "wrong" time, then maybe check it out with the doc to ensure the lining is not over-thickening?

Hurdity x

joziel

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2023, 01:02:18 PM »

If you don't have a cycle and you were only bleeding once every 4-5 months before starting HRT, you should really be tried on continuous utrogestan (100mg every night) and not 15 nights on/off (sequential).

Ask your doctor if you can try moving to continuous. That should hopefully mean you don't get any bleeding at all.

Starfish

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2023, 09:38:54 PM »

Thanks Joziel. I will mention this to the dr. Thanks for your response  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2023, 04:34:09 PM »

On the other hand Starfish - there is no necessity to go to continuous combined HRT if you don't want to - even if post-menopausal. You haven't said how old you are and how old when you started HRT ie whether you could perhaps still have a cycle of some sort? With conti HRT it can take a while for the womb lining to settle down but after around 6 or so months the bleeding would hopefully stop provided the oestrogen and progesterone were balanced.

Hurdity x

Starfish

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2023, 11:24:32 PM »

Thanks for your responses Hurdity.
I’ve been on Hrt for two and half years.Been on utrogestan and evorel for a year, started at 25, then 50 and 75 patch. I Started hrt at age 42, I was told I was in premature menopause and my fsh was 103.