Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT or NOT  (Read 482 times)

Mollymoo

HRT or NOT
« on: July 06, 2023, 04:34:53 PM »

I stopped my HrT about 3 months ago because I was bleeding and had bad PMT symptoms. Since stopping I have felt really good. I have vaginal dryness but can cope with this. Only issue is brain fog which is pretty bad. Spoke to gp today and he said only way to see if it’s because I stopped my hrt is to take it again to see if memory improves

I don’t know what to do because  I read that people on HRT has brain fog. Is there no other alternative for brain fog.
Would you go back on HRT for this reason?

discogirl

Re: HRT or NOT
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 05:06:30 PM »

Hi Mollymoo,

This is purely my opinion, but if I stopped my hrt and my only symptom was brain fog I would definately not start hrt again.

I think vitamin D is good for brain fog and things like aswagandha etc.

Good luck in your journey xxx

Nas

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 06:33:07 PM »

I guess it depends on whether the brain fog impacts your life and work etc? If I was forgetting words etc, I would not be happy ( but I work in a busy school).

As with all these things, it depends what you can and cannot live with.

For me, I get awful bladder irritation, which requires systemic HRT. This is a nuisance as HRT doesn’t help much with other symptoms and I’m getting some side effects in the womb area.

Trial and error unfortunately.

laszla

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 07:10:43 PM »

A crucial aspect to consider with HRT is not just the here and now but also what it will do for you to stave off future problems.

We're talking about the really big guns that blight our old age, such as cognition, bone health and cardiac health, all of which HRT is said to guard against to some extent.

For that reason alone I would always want to take HRT (unless it made me feel really terrible).

Nas

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 07:23:40 PM »

Good points made laszla.

Considering that there is a pretty low uptake of HRT by women in the UK, I’m wondering whether all those non HRT users, are putting themselves at risk? But then I think of relatives who gone on forever, with no HRT.  :o

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 07:54:44 PM »

What laszla said!

Also depends how old you are too - the younger you are the better it is to be on it, if you are post-menopause and if you are not yet at menopause then you can always start again later.

Yes Nas - agreed that plenty of people live to a ripe old age without problems without HRT but eg if osteoporosis runs in your family or you have low BMI or other risk factors for example, then wise to try to take it.

Brain fog - Mollymoo - whether you get it on HRT - this all depends on what you use. It is most likely to be associated with too much/wrong progestogen, and conti regimes if you are susceptible, or insufficient oestrogen. The right dose can hit the magic spot - it did with me, from late post-menopause.

Hope you manage to make a decision and it helps you....

Do keep posting and let us know how you get on and what you decide.

Hurdity x