Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Settling issues or estrogen too high?  (Read 1446 times)

jadenatalie123

Settling issues or estrogen too high?
« on: June 29, 2023, 01:09:10 PM »

Hello, me again!

So I’ve been building up my Evorel patches (I have mirena for progest) went from 50, to 75 etc. the patches have made me feel GREAT (so far)! I changed to gel a couple of weeks back as patches weren’t sticking great, anyway gel was terrible for me and made me feel even worse! So spoke to my GP who suggested back to patches with Tegaderm but increase to 100.

Increased to 100 a few days ago but I feel VERY rough, I don’t feel any improvement yet since the drop from the gel and then the new patch. Im wondering, are these settling symptoms or symptoms of too much estrogen?

-severe lethargy/tired/no energy
-brain fog feeling
-tearful at times

Any advice on what I should do? My boobs aren’t sore, I’m not bleeding etc. is it just a case of pushing through? I don’t even know if ‘settling symptoms’ are a thing?!

For info: im 31 and in the perimenopause.

Thank you! X

SarahT

Re: Settling issues or estrogen too high?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 02:08:06 PM »

Am interested in replies to this as I am in a similar situation.

Am a lot older, being 56, also on miren a and peri. Have gradually increased to 125 estradot recently as I have not been feeling good for more than a couple of weeks at a time.

I too feel the lethargy and extreme tirdness, teary and awful concentration and brain fog. Throw in cyclical moods too, which are less severe as I increase patches.
I have had recent blood.tests which show nothing untoward, thyroid is underactive but on right dose. I would have thought I would be so much better in such a high dose of hrt. Oestrogen levels were 300.
Like you I need to give it time to kick in and hope for more stability. Would be interested in others thoughts

Wish you well

Ermin2trude

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2023, 05:17:51 PM »

Hi,
I’m still peri (54) and have a Mirena. I’m also on estradot 50 patches. All the symptoms you describe I had until my doctor explained my body is craving progesterone. The Mirena is too localised and I need progesterone for all my other bodily functions. I now have continuous utrogestan on top of my Mirena and feel so much better. It’s quite common to need progesterone as well as the Mirena apparently, especially the closer we get to our periods actually stopping.

SarahT

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2023, 06:26:26 PM »

That's really interesting
I have been reading recent threads about low progesterone and when I spoke with my g.p a week or  so back to discuss my very recent blood tests, she upped my estrogen to 125 and I specifically asked her if the progesterone from the mirena would be enough to ' balance'  with the higher oestrogen patch...and she said Yes! 

I assume my blood test would have tested progesterone levels too. I could not tolerate utrogestan hence having the coil fitted. If this is the case I feel really stuck now.
Higher patch and coil alone to ease cyclical  pms\pmdd severe moods and stop ovulation and live with the debilitating physical symptoms.. OR somehow add in progesterone on top of the coil,  bringing back bleeds ( don't ask, had to have psychiatric help over this)  and risking my moods going back down to scary levels again.

I feel I have no option but to persevere as I am, high patch and coil and see what happens. Pray that this is finally the right combination for a stability of my physical and mental health.

joziel

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2023, 08:50:21 PM »

Those sound like low estrogen and not high enough of a dose to me, but it's important to increase gradually and not too fast.

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2023, 09:00:00 AM »

Estradot are much smaller and stick better than Evorel, same doses available and I prefer it mostly because Evorel makes everything itchy.
I never had a problem with my other patches until I started Evorel, then all my patches itched together.
With Estradot instead, not itchy, great.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2023, 09:44:36 AM »

Hi jadenatalie123

So sorry to hear about your premature peri-menopause, but good that you are having HRT. At your age I would want to be on the highest dose of oestrogen possible and I would agree that gradual increases are what's important. The oestrogen will not be responsible for lethargy or brain fog - quite the opposite. Depending on how long you have had the Mirena, or when it was changed - the progestogens can causer these symptoms, and contrary to popular belief, the progestogens in the Mirena are absorbed systemically (ie into the body). However it is synthetic so unless you are needing it for contracaption, perhpas swap to Utrogestan instead which is bio-identical, (so more natural for your body) though of course will give you a withdrawal bleed every month. Alternatively there are contraceptive pills which use the bio-identical estradiol  - QLAIRA and ZOELY, though the progestogens here are synthetic.

Hurdity x