Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Utrogestan after a hysterectomy and oophorectomy, how much, how often?  (Read 2900 times)

Eggcustard

I know this is an older post but i wanted to ask how the ladies taking progesterone are feeling now? Also where did you get it prescribed from? My GP won’t prescribe it
Thanks

Gnatty

I am lucky in that my GP is happy to prescribe it. She just accepts that some of us without wombs do better with it than without. I'm aware though that the risk of breast cancer is lower if we don't take progesterone so it may be this summer I shall see if I can manage without.... x

sheila99

There's a long tread started (I think) by Mary G on bioidentical hormones. If you don't need it for womb protection you may find a lower dose suits you better than the ones produced for hrt.

Uma17

I am lucky in that my GP is happy to prescribe it. She just accepts that some of us without wombs do better with it than without. I'm aware though that the risk of breast cancer is lower if we don't take progesterone so it may be this summer I shall see if I can manage without.... x

Hi Gnatty, have a look at Louise Newson Facebook today, she posted about progesterone and discusses that some women really benefit from it after a hysterectomy. I keep trying utrogestan but give up after a week or so, it makes me feel really warm at night, groggy when I wake up, not sure it helps with the sleep. Might persevere and like you trialling every other day.

Gnatty

Hi I did watch her Instagram live and yes it was really good. It sounds like they are now starting to look at progesterone creams for those of us who just need a small amount because of not having wombs to worry about.
Do try alternate nights, it really was a big improvement for me especially regarding feeling too warm at night. I did try vaginally too but that made me even warmer, probably because you absorb more that way....Let me know how it goes. x

Uma17

Thanks I will. I keep going back to it as when I tried the mirena for 3 months only (was quite a few years ago) I slept amazingly. Hoping that utrogestan would have that effect but not quite so far. Again, early days I need to try for a few weeks.

Did you mention that you are on sandrena? I’m on estrogel since January/february after being on the patches for a little while. Estrogel seems to suit me but also interested in trying sandrena as it covers a smaller skin area and someone mentioned that it dries quicker than estrogel.  But since then read that it takes longer to dry so not sure if I should bother.

Gnatty

Well I have swapped back to oestrogel! It may just have been a coincidence but I started to get some palpitations whist on the Sandrena. There's always something!

Kathleen

Hello ladies.

My nurse practitioner told me that Utrogestan was only prescribed to protect my womb lining, it wasn't supposed to make me feel good!   God forbid any of us have that sort of side effect eh!?

Take care ladies.

K.

Uma17

Well I have swapped back to oestrogel! It may just have been a coincidence but I started to get some palpitations whist on the Sandrena. There's always something!
I’ll stick to estrogel. On another note, I took an utrogestan vaginally at 7pm last night (same time as my 2 estrogel evening pumps), went to sleep at 2230 and woke up at 5am. Perfect 👌
Pages: 1 [2]