Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bladder pressure  (Read 2229 times)

Midnight Shadow

Bladder pressure
« on: June 28, 2023, 08:27:23 AM »

Good morning Ladies, hope we are all continuing to make progress. I am pleased to say I have had a very good year with my Atrophy. I continue with Vagifem, Kliovance Tablets and Estriol Cream. I have recently had what I thought was a UTI as I have tingling and pressure in the bladder area, a feeling of nothing able to empty my bladder. I sleep well but as soon as I have to spend a penny in the night the tingling and pressure starts. I have been tested for UTI results came back clear. On Saturday I am having a vaginal swab taken. I know bladder issues can be connected to Vaginal Atrophy. I am taking D mannose powder to see if that helps. Has anyone else suffered similar? Replies appreciated.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bladder pressure
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 08:31:00 AM »

Get thyself some appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment.  U don't need blood tests nor an exam for a GP to prescribe. 

With the weather being extremely hot recently it's easy for the body to become dehydrated.  How often are U using the 'vagifem', sometimes a reload of every night for 2 weeks and/or two pessaries inserted a couple of times a week as well as the usual regime can ease symptoms.  When I get the need2P feelings I take 2 Nurofen 3 times a day to ease symptoms.

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 08:31:33 AM »

D-mannose powder won't replace the oestrogen lost due to peri menopause which may cause the body to become dry, inside and out.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2023, 08:48:47 AM »

Thanks for responding CLKD.I am already using the treatment for Atrophy prescribed by my Doctor. Like you say the hot weather causes dehydration. I am now drinking more water.  I am just doing a two week loading of Vagifem, hoping that it helps. I am also taking ibuprofen to ease pressure. We’ll see how it goes. Hoping it is short lived.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2023, 09:04:02 AM »

I get this a lot and it is very uncomfortable. It is worth trying the D-mannose. It did not help me but I emailed the company and they recommended me seabuckthorn capsules which I use daily. I think they are mainly for dryness though.

Are you using Vagifem daily? If not then I would try that.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2023, 09:17:14 AM »

Thank you for responding. I am already taking sea buckthorn capsules. Like you say, they are more for dryness. I will continue with the loading dose of my vagifem. Now the weather is cooler, I am hoping it improves.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2023, 09:18:52 AM »

Thank you for responding. I am already taking sea buckthorn capsules. Like you say, they are more for dryness. I will continue with the loading dose of my vagifem. Now the weather is cooler, I am hoping it improves.

I would think using it daily will help the symptoms a lot. I hope it works for you.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2023, 09:22:27 AM »

Thanks Flossieteacake.

Dierdre

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2023, 09:45:50 AM »

Just a reminder in this hot weather to keep estrogen cream in the fridge during the daytime as it will degrade in temperatures above 25° and not work as well. Vagifem can't be refrigerated but keep in a cool place too.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2023, 11:23:46 AM »

:thankyou: ............

Pressure may be caused by a prolapse too.

Ayesha

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2023, 02:17:22 PM »

When I get a flare up it's always the bladder that is the first symptom, needing to pee more often and that feeling of pressure down there.
The heatwave hasn't helped and can cause a flare but I am still on a daily dose of Vagifem and Ovestin used locally. Two a week dose would be absolutely useless for me.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2023, 05:49:30 PM »

Quick update. My Vaginal Swab came back as heavy yeast growth. So now taking a course of Fluconazole tablets. Is it okay for me to continue my vagifem? Will finish the fluconazole tablets on Monday.  Don’t want to revert to Atrophy burning. Replies appreciated.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2023, 06:26:05 PM »

If they are oral tablets then I would carry on with the Vagifem. Sorry to hear you have thrush. I hope it goes soon.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2023, 06:30:33 PM »

Thank you Flossieteacake, I will carry on with my Vagifem. Hoping it clears up very soon.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2023, 06:40:17 PM »

Vagifem is so localised that other medications, especially by mouth, shouldn't impact.

Thrush thrives on sugars. 
Pages: [1] 2