Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bladder pressure  (Read 2222 times)

Mouse60

Re: Bladder pressure
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2023, 12:18:47 PM »

So helpful to read this thread.
I get these bladder/cystitis flare ups and am so fed up of them.

Dierdre

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2023, 01:38:48 PM »

Just a reminder in this hot weather to keep estrogen cream in the fridge during the daytime as it will degrade in temperatures above 25° and not work as well. Vagifem can't be refrigerated but keep in a cool place too.

Update:
Found this on a Vagifem questions and answer page.

You should always keep Vagifem® 10 mcg out of the reach of children. Store at 77°F (25°C). It’s okay for Vagifem® to get as cool as 59°F (15°C) or as warm as 86°F (30°C). Do not refrigerate.

Not sure what happens to it above or below these temperatures. I had a box that was about a year old, still well in date as the shelf life is 3 years, it had been in the wardrobe during last years heatwave.
I used a few but the pessary burned each time when applied and when I took the pessary out the burning stopped. I threw them away and opened a new box that was fine and no burning. Maybe something degrades in the fillers that caused the irritation. Don't mistake this for atrophy burning.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 01:41:05 PM by Dierdre »

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2023, 07:31:45 PM »

Thank you for responding Dierdre. All Vagifem in date. Still have one fluconazole tablet to take on Monday. The tingly sensation is now less. Just have a dull ache, a little like toothache in the vaginal area. Hoping the next tablet shifts it all, now the pressure after spending a penny has subsided.
Pages: 1 [2]