Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: shivery legs  (Read 1668 times)

KaraShannon

shivery legs
« on: June 27, 2023, 08:32:54 PM »

does anyone else get this type of symptoms, shivery legs?

I've had it on and off since the pandemic started and before it was associated with a chest infection, but now I just seem to get a spate of it and then it goes away.  Sometimes I feel a bit run down when it happens, like this week I've had an upset stomach on and off.  Covid test is negative although I've done it too late as I've been like this for over a week.

But just wondering if anyone else gets it as either a menopausal thing or a HRT thing.  It seems to happen more on the estradiol phase of evorel sequi, not the combined phase.

jaypo

Re: shivery legs
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 07:06:52 AM »

Is it more like a buzzing feeling? I think a lot of women experience this on here,including me,think it's all........dare I say......meno related  :-\

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 08:52:03 AM »

Hello ladies.

I get something similar in that when I have the internal shaking, jittery feeling it seems to travel down my legs. Both legs sort of quiver and tremble but it is more noticeable in my right leg.  It is a very unsettling feeling but as it happens along with the other quivery sensations I assume it is hormonal.

My trusty Meno book talks about a subtle shaking and butterflies type of sensation but I don't think these feelings are particularly subtle!  The author also says that they are   caused by low Oestrogen affecting receptors in the brain rather than the body.

I hate these feelings and they add to my anxiety so I do sympathise.

Take care ladies.

K.

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 09:24:44 AM »

I've had shaky legs a few times for different reasons. When I've been ill in the night with a fever then had shaky legs but all of me was shaking too and teeth chattering.
When I've had panic attacks my legs shake uncontrollably.
When I've gone into labour, this happens at the start for about 20 mins all three times, assumed it was a massive hormone or adrenaline surge. All probably anxiety related.