Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Taking Utrogestan every other day  (Read 3838 times)

Nicola Winter

Re: Taking Utrogestan every other day
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2023, 10:28:33 PM »

If you're on desogestrel as well then this will be giving you some progestogen to protect the womb, and provided there is no antagonism between desogestrel and utrogestan then every other night vaginally may well work for you re bleeding. I presume you are doing this with sanction from your doc and will consult if abnormal bleeding ?

The doctor first prescribed 100mg vaginally or 200mg orally for 12 consecutive days, along with the mini pill daily. Then changed it to 100mg everyday vaginally with a 3 day break. I've got to wait ages for my next appointment so I'm just trying the every other day without her approval 😬.
I'm on 3 pumps of oestrogel, but I think I only need 2. She made me go up to 3 before she would prescribe testosterone. I definitely felt better on 2 pumps. The testosterone seems to have improved libido massively, and just makes me feel more like my old self. The mini pill,in the past, just eliminated my libido, so I'm hoping that doesn't disappear again. It's all so tricky to get well balanced 🤦‍♀️

Furyan

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2023, 08:47:22 AM »

Im really pleased Furyan.

What dose of estrogen are you on and are you post meno by the way xxx

Thanks for your encouragement Disco 🙂. I’m staying cautious though, as we all know that this balance can be a little delicate for some of us in particular, it doesn’t take much to upset the applecart! My oestrogen = Evorel 25 patch + compounded Biestrogen cream (0.5mg each of estradiol and estriol combined). If you add up the estradiol from both sources, it’s still a pretty low dose, less than 2 pumps estrogel/50 patch. Hadn’t planned to do this, I got the Biest then quickly worked out that my body might benefit from a low steady stream of oestrogen that a patch offers if that makes sense? Continued to take Biest so as not to waste it, but it seems to work nicely with the patch atm 🙏🏽

discogirl

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2023, 09:02:40 AM »

Hi Furyan

You're absolutely right, it doesn't take much to upset the apple cart.

Nice and gently does it xxx

Furyan

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2023, 05:01:33 PM »

I’m wondering if I need to increase Utro vaginally to EVERY day now, lol.

A few days after my last post, the few niggling symptoms suggesting that I maybe need to increase my oestrogen got worse - claw fingers and toes and muscle cramps, joint discomfort increased to the point of feeling it even when driving. Ditched the Biest and slapped on another Evorel 25 patch, taking my current oestrogen to the equivalent of a 50 patch. Said symptoms feel better but now a light period for the past 4 days.

Should I increase vaginal Utro to daily or just wait to see if bleeding subsides? Or may even alternate between oral/vaginal daily 🤔
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 05:10:34 PM by Furyan »

Furyan

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2023, 05:11:59 PM »

Hi Furyan

You're absolutely right, it doesn't take much to upset the apple cart.

Nice and gently does it xxx

How are YOU getting along Disco? x

discogirl

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2023, 05:23:16 PM »

Hi Furyan

Well its all a work in progress i think.

ive been taking cyclogest 100mg rectally and its too early to say just yet but taking the cyclogest this way does seem to suit me better than the utrogestan.

maybe your bleed is from changing from biest to evorel patches.

im by no means an expert in hrt but if you can manage it try it everyday vaginally that way at least your getting a consistent dose of the progesterone. i could not tolerate taking it orally.

if you find taking the utro vaginally affects your sleep you could try taking it earlier in the day.

it really is a very delicate balancing act at times.

how about trying the cyclogest that is a wax pessary that can be taken vaginally or rectally. i get the 200mg pessary and cut it in half and take one a day xxx

Furyan

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2023, 09:12:36 PM »

Hi Furyan

Well its all a work in progress i think.

ive been taking cyclogest 100mg rectally and its too early to say just yet but taking the cyclogest this way does seem to suit me better than the utrogestan.

maybe your bleed is from changing from biest to evorel patches.

im by no means an expert in hrt but if you can manage it try it everyday vaginally that way at least your getting a consistent dose of the progesterone. i could not tolerate taking it orally.

if you find taking the utro vaginally affects your sleep you could try taking it earlier in the day.

it really is a very delicate balancing act at times.

how about trying the cyclogest that is a wax pessary that can be taken vaginally or rectally. i get the 200mg pessary and cut it in half and take one a day xxx

Hi Disco - but this is great that the cyclogest seems to suit you a little better 🙂. Sending positive vibes and hope that you’re on the way to being settled on this regime 🙏🏽

Thanks for those great ideas - tonight I took Utro for the second night in a row and will see how I respond. Depending how it goes, I’m also keeping Cyclo in mind as there’s more room to calibrate it with the cutting etc. Increasing Utro to 100mg every night might be too much, we shall see. Speaking of, did you ever try Utro rectally? Can’t remember if I saw any posts from you about this…

discogirl

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2023, 05:28:40 AM »

Hi Furyan,

Yes I'm still in the process with cyclogest, but I do seem to tolerate it better than utro. Its strange as they're both micronised progesterone.

The reason I didn't go down the utro every other night route was after some research I think my estrogen/progesterone ratio would be out, and I think the dips from the progesterone from the days of not taking it would probably cause progesterone withdrawal, which for me I know would be lack of sleep and anxiety.

I did try the utro rectally for about a week, but I didn't feel right taking it, and as there wasn't enough evidence regarding taking it rectally, I went back to taking it vaginally. That is part of the reason I went onto cyclogest, at least with that it can be taken rectally and vaginally and as they are wax pessaries they can be cut.

Keep in touch and let me know how you do xxx
Pages: 1 2 [3]