Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Gallbladder problems.  (Read 1716 times)

Strugglinglady

Gallbladder problems.
« on: June 26, 2023, 03:10:57 AM »

Hi everyone. I have been struggling with intermittent bouts of abdominal pain just under breast bone and above bellybutton, that’s the best way I can describe location. I feel sick and it feels like really bad indigestion. My doctor is sending me for an ultrasound which is the gold standard to find gallstones. I haven’t got the intense Agonising  people describe, But it is bad enough for me to take to my bed until it passes and then I feel weak and shaky. Can anyone else describe their gallbladder pain, does it sound like this?

Minusminnie

Re: Gallbladder problems.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 06:05:31 AM »

It is a lingering pain as you describe & I found with belching too. It does leave you feeling a bit withery.

I expect that you have been advised to monitor what you might be eating to see what brings on an attack. Fatty food being a culprit that you will need to cut out. Once you have had the operation you can eat most foods again. I changed to olive oil for cooking & light spreads after.

Hope if they confirm gallstones that you can be seen too quickly.

CrispyChick

Re: Gallbladder problems.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 07:57:40 PM »

I've had this issue since November too.

Ultrasound found 1 or 2 stones or polyps. Then I was sent down the gastro route. All clear.

To be honest, mine is morphing into different things at different times. Right now I've got terrible reflux.

So, to be honest, I think mine is just a symptom of my terrible peri fluctuations. Not that any doctor has ever referred back to me on the gallstones.

At one point, around march, I was adamant if was the gallstones. Now I don't think if is.

Like you, I was never in extreme excruciating pain. More constant discomfort.