Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: getting Coil fitted  (Read 1722 times)

Pauline67

getting Coil fitted
« on: June 03, 2023, 07:44:42 AM »

Hello Ladies

As some of you may have read my other posts, i have been having alot of bleeding with Evorel conti after the 6 months. I did have a ultrasound and everything was fine.  My question is after speaking to the doctor a couple of weeks ago she thought it might be a idea to get the coil fitted.  Well im due to get this fitted on Monday, but for the past 4 days i have had no bleeding at all, so should i cancel my appointment and stick with Evorel Conti or change to the coil?  Im not sure what to do.  Ive been under alot of stress recently organising my brother in laws funeral so could that of caused the bleeding to stop and it may start up again, i really have no idea what to do.

Nik2502

Re: getting Coil fitted
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2023, 07:47:00 AM »

Hi

It’s entirely good decision. Doctors seem to push the mirena a lot these days. Personally I couldn’t tolerate it and my body expelled it but a lot of women swear by it.

Nik x

Nas

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2023, 08:59:47 AM »

If I were you I wouldn’t cancel the appointment. Conti is notorious for bleeding and a mirena would sort that for you.

Bodies are smart. If they don’t like something, they will tell you.  The mirena suits the vast majority but obviously it isn’t tolerated by all.

Best of luck 🌷😊

Pauline67

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 05:49:26 PM »

Update.
Well that didn't go well, seems she couldn't get it fitted. So I've now been put on 2 x 100g utrogestan every day and everol 75. Guess I will see how that goes.  :-\ :-\

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 05:58:07 PM »

Update.
Well that didn't go well, seems she couldn't get it fitted. So I've now been put on 2 x 100g utrogestan every day and everol 75. Guess I will see how that goes.  :-\ :-\

I am sorry to hear this Pauline. I hope you are not in pain after that.

Pauline67

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2023, 06:01:45 PM »

I'm fine now flossieteacake , I took 2 paracetamol before I went.

One thing I have read that it's 1 caplet a night of utrogestran but the doctor told me 2 a night every night .  Could anyone confirm this

Ermin2trude

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023, 07:20:43 AM »

I take 2 utrogestan every night. I was told to take it at this dose to stop bleeding and override my natural cycle (if I still have one). My previous regime brought on a bleed every 2 to 3 weeks 😒😔, so they upped the utrogestan.

I’m off for a hysteroscopy and Mirena this morning. Feeling sick, but will take your advice and have some paracetamol.

Teresa

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2023, 11:03:53 AM »

Hi Ermin2trude,

I was sorry to hear that you couldn’t get your coil fitted….what did they say the problem was? I had to have a gynaecologist fit mine as both my GP and Nurse cannot find my cervix, even fir a smear, but the gynaecologist found it within a minute  ??? Is your womb tilted? I’m not saying this was the case with you, but I am wondering why they couldn’t fit it and I hope they gave you a reason?

I couldn’t tolerate 200 mg of utrogestan orally. Oh, I just read that you are having it fitted during a hysteroscopy - I hope it goes well for you. Do let us know…

Teresa
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 11:07:41 AM by Teresa »

Ermin2trude

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2023, 10:06:49 AM »

Hi Teresa,

Thank you for asking about my hysteroscopy and Mirena fitting. I opted for a local anaesthetic (although the gynaecologist did offer me the option of coming back and having it done under a GA). It really wasn’t so bad, the nurses kept me chatting and distracted. I have numerous large fibroids and ovarian cysts, so a lot of biopsies were taken. After that the Mirena fitting was a doddle and took seconds. Phew. So far so good. Was expecting to have a low mood but it hasn’t happened. I’m not so good with progesterone. I either need huge amounts to feel calm or happy, or none at all. I was dreading it, but now I wish I had done it years ago and saved myself the depression I had with other progesterones (high doses of continuous utrogestan have been wonderful though).

Still awaiting biopsy results 🤕🤕😔.

Ermin

Teresa

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2023, 06:13:56 PM »

Hi Ermin2trude,

Ah, I’m glad everything went well. You can hopefully sit back and relax now 😊

Teresa