Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Well this is weird - restarting normal cycle anyone?  (Read 532 times)

Me

Well this is weird - restarting normal cycle anyone?
« on: June 25, 2023, 10:25:30 AM »

Hi all
Quick history:
Was prescribed HRT to see if it would help with migraines:  it didn't but, I did like the positive effect it had on my mood which, I thought must be my only peri symptom as I haven't had hot flushes or any other symptoms apart from changing cycle.
However, I had to try a different combination after about 8 months because of EXTREMELY sore boobs and terribly painful bloating.
Cut a long story short, it just doesn't seem to agree with me and so I have not been on patches or gel for about 4 months now.
I had been prescribed mini pill along with Conti patches to see if it would lessen the HRT induced PMT symptoms I had been getting on Sequi and the gel pill combo but I never started it because my period started and I realised that after a couple of years of erratic (for me) periods which, I thought was a peri symptom, I seemed to be back into a normal cycle (for me) including amount of blood and pattern of bleeding etc.  When I looked in my diary, sure enough I had been back in a normal cycle for about 5 months (cycles).  Not only that, with the most recent cycle I am pretty sure I ovulated  ???
The only thing I can think that has caused this is my 14 yr old DD who started her periods about 8 months ago.  I googled syncing with other females and later on in life with teenage daughters and it is apparently a thing.  Has anyone else had this??

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Well this is weird - restarting normal cycle anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2023, 11:28:41 AM »

The Jury is out with the synchronised bleeds in women communities: however.  When travelling abroad with 11 other girls we all began periods within 3-5 days of arriving on holiday even those who weren't due a bleed.

It's common in Nunneries too ;-).   Enjoy your reversion to a cycle.