Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan: sequential to continuous?  (Read 405 times)

Angelcakes73

Utrogestan: sequential to continuous?
« on: June 23, 2023, 06:06:14 PM »

I’ve been on HRT since Nov 2018 - Sandrena 1mg and Utrogestan. Progesterone intolerant so after 12 months agreed with menopause clinic that I could take the Utro every other month, instead of every month (200mg for 14 days, used vaginally). Still having regular periods.

My GP has now suggested I move to continuous progesterone as I’m approaching 5 years of HRT use (the clinic have supported this when GP asked them for advice but think they are unaware I still have periods). The thought of taking something continuously that makes me feel so horrific is already filling me with anxiety…

Is this the usual approach and does anyone have any experience of similar? I thought continuous was meant to be trialled when post menopausal?  Think I’ll need to make an appointment with them to discuss as I’m just so uncomfortable with it all and after finally finding a balance, I don’t want to disrupt anything 😢
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 07:38:10 PM by Angelcakes73 »

Dotty

Re: Utrogestan: sequential to continuous?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 06:43:18 PM »

If you’re happy as you are then I’d stay as you are x

Angelcakes73

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2023, 07:39:21 PM »

I don’t think they are going to let me  :( x

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2023, 08:32:29 AM »

They aren't watching how you take it. I had a similar problem. They said sequi has a slightly higher incidence of endometrial cancer so that's why they push for conti. They have now agreed I can stay on sequi but it may be because they'd worked out I'd do it that way whether they liked it or not. It gives me fatigue and there's no way Im going to be permanently doped.

Angelcakes73

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2023, 09:02:02 AM »

I don’t blame you. I’m wondering whether I should try the coil as I’m sick to death of these heavy periods. Can’t wait to see the back of them!