Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Am i back to square 1?? :-(  (Read 920 times)

jadenatalie123

Am i back to square 1?? :-(
« on: June 23, 2023, 08:38:47 AM »

Hey, thank you for reading. I've been on Evorel patches since Feb with great success, but i noticed the patches were coming off easier with the current heat, so i requested a change to gel to see if this would be easier. Once on the gel, i noticed a rapid downfall in myself, my joints hurt again and popping etc, mood low again, extremely lethargic, VA symptoms increasing again etc etc. This all happened within a few days, i lasted a week on the gel (as i was getting progressively worse) and i've put myself back on the 75 patches until my new review where i'll be due an increase in 4 weeks, (im only 31 so still on the increase with estrogen).

I put my patch back on 3 days ago, doesnt seem long, but I still feel TERRIBLE.

Has anyone had a similar situation? have i messed the whole thing up? worried the patch isnt going to work for me again now eventhough it worked great before the gel!

thank you again for reading x

Flossieteacake

Re: Am i back to square 1?? :-(
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 08:50:33 AM »

Aw, I am really sorry to hear how bad you are feeling. Changing HRT can do that. It is almost like the body has to get used to it all over again. Have you tried Tegaderm dressings to help your patches stay on? I find they help me keep them on. I put them on my lower back or bottom as I find they stay on there best.

Hopefully in a few days time you will feel back to how you were. Are you using any localised oestrogen for the VA?

You have not messed things up so please do not panic. It will just take time for your body to adjust again but it will do.

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2023, 08:55:34 AM »

Hi jadenatalie123,

It's probably the changing from patches to gel and then back to patches again. I know how difficult it is when you have symptoms, you just want to feel better but when you change hrt regime, it does take time; (I don't know how long you were on the gel for). However the good things is, the patches worked before so they will work again for you.

When I was on patches I used tegaderm dressings over the patches. The tegaderm dressings are breathable and are fine to use over patches, you can get them from Amazon.

I hope you start to feel better soon xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 08:56:58 AM »

:hug:

and no, your body will adjust . 

jadenatalie123

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 03:35:15 PM »

Aw, I am really sorry to hear how bad you are feeling. Changing HRT can do that. It is almost like the body has to get used to it all over again. Have you tried Tegaderm dressings to help your patches stay on? I find they help me keep them on. I put them on my lower back or bottom as I find they stay on there best.

Hopefully in a few days time you will feel back to how you were. Are you using any localised oestrogen for the VA?

You have not messed things up so please do not panic. It will just take time for your body to adjust again but it will do.

Hi Flossie :) - i did have a cheap version of Tegaderm and it was rubbish! I've since bought the genuine Tegaderm patches and they seem better! I hope so too! Yes I use Ovestin and YES VM generally and thats usually fine but not since i swapped!

Feel like such a numpty for swapping now! :-( x

jadenatalie123

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 03:38:37 PM »

Hi jadenatalie123,

It's probably the changing from patches to gel and then back to patches again. I know how difficult it is when you have symptoms, you just want to feel better but when you change hrt regime, it does take time; (I don't know how long you were on the gel for). However the good things is, the patches worked before so they will work again for you.

When I was on patches I used tegaderm dressings over the patches. The tegaderm dressings are breathable and are fine to use over patches, you can get them from Amazon.

I hope you start to feel better soon xxx

Thank you Discogirl. I was only on the gel for 1 week! thats how quickly everything went downhill! :( Yes - just hoping the patches kick in soon, but like i mentioned above, I am also due an increase too.

thank you x

jadenatalie123

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2023, 03:38:53 PM »

:hug:

and no, your body will adjust .

thank you! x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2023, 04:20:34 PM »

Hi Flossie :) - i did have a cheap version of Tegaderm and it was rubbish! I've since bought the genuine Tegaderm patches and they seem better! I hope so too! Yes I use Ovestin and YES VM generally and thats usually fine but not since i swapped!

Feel like such a numpty for swapping now! :-( x

Glad to hear you have Tegaderm now and they are helping the patches stick. You are not alone with swapping your HRT so please do not blame yourself.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2023, 04:22:00 PM »

It's Trial and Error.  MayB keeping a diary of how various types affect you as well as a mood/symptom/food book?  To chart progress.  It's easy to forget how good we feel when we feel bad  :-\