Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Menopause supplemts  (Read 843 times)

shakilla

Menopause supplemts
« on: June 21, 2023, 08:12:08 PM »

Hi all

I've been having a really horrible time lately due to peri menopause.  My doctor doesn't know much about the menopause so I've been left to try figure it myself. I'm taking hrt but I'm getting near constant palpitations. I drink soya milk does the soy cancel out the hrt. And also is that the same with taking red clover and hrt together? Just wondering where I'm going wrong.

Flossieteacake

Re: Menopause supplemts
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 08:13:20 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. From what I understand red clover should not be taken with HRT. Would you like to say which HRT you are taking and how long you have been taken it for?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 08:40:26 PM »

U aren't going wrong, your GP surgery should be more supportive!

Keeping a mood/food/symptom diary can be of use to chart progress.  What are your periods doing and which symptom would you like to ease first?

U could get onto a waiting list for a dedicated NHS Menopause clinic where you should get proper advice.  Your GP can then prescribe HRT is necessary.

If we have a good diet and are well hydrated the body should not require supplements other than VitD.   Blood tests for that and thyroid function tests may help.  Hormonal blood tests are reliably un-reliable.

:welcomemm:

shakilla

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 09:30:09 AM »

Thank you so much for your replies. I'm on evorell 50 and i take one capsule of utrageston on a night every night. As I get migraines.
It took me 8 months of persuading my gp to let me take hrt and then it was stopped when I had migraine and then I had to beg literally for him to restart it. 
Getting a referral to the menopause clinic sounds like I great idea. Will def mention that to my gp.
A mood/food diary sound good. I'm wondering if stress is havin an impact on my hormones as well. I've stated a new job. I just got so over whelmed about the littlest things an go in to complete melt down all the time. It's like I just can't handle stress or doing lots of things like I could before.
I'm still having a monthly period although it lasts a day and is very light. In the begining my symptoms were a lot worse the week up to my period but now it's all the time.
I think my main symptoms I'd like to improve are my mood, I'm either angry or sobbing and the palpitations. Oh and also down below seems to burn a lot. . The other stuff are easier to cope with.
It helps so much though guys chatting to you who knows what it's like. My friends are all younger so I'm the first to go through it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 02:28:43 PM »

It's the change, does what it says on the tin  >:(  ::).  It may be the start of peri menopause when periods go AWOL then back etc..  No rhyme nor reason other than hormones shutting down.

Also stress can make it worse.  Do U enjoy your job overall?  Who will help out when you shout "I'm in meltdown mode". I used to say "I'm premenstrual and I know how to use it!"

;)

Get appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment on a regular basis for the vulval area.  Every night if necessary.

Soy can cause 'the runs' in some  :o.  None of the supplements should be used for very long and I am surprised that a GP would recommend something not approved by NICE. 

joziel

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 02:30:03 PM »

I think you need a new GP who is more supportive of HRT.

If you are on only 50mcg of estrogen and still having symptoms (heart palpitations) then you probably need an increase of estrogen...