Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: UTROGESTAN VAGINALLY  (Read 611 times)

Jnine

UTROGESTAN VAGINALLY
« on: June 22, 2023, 11:01:26 AM »

Hello Ladies, A question for you, I have been taken utrogestan 200mg orally for the last 3 months but have had terrible migraines within 5 days of taking each month. I have decided and started taking it vaginally instead. So last night was first night of inserting them vaginally and all seemed ok but in the morning when I went for a pee I could see remnants of the capsules in my pee. is this normal? I am not sure I could put them any higher inside me than I did? any comments answers welcome thank you  :)

sheila99

Re: UTROGESTAN VAGINALLY
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 12:25:25 PM »

Perfectly normal, I think the skin of the capsule isn't absorbed.

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 12:33:26 PM »

I insert them lying down with knees bent, and they still come out as either white on my underwear or visible white flakes in the toilet after I pee. Totally normal.

Jnine

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 01:30:09 PM »

thank you for your comments I feel reassured I doing it correctly :)

Menopausal Mona

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 02:22:23 PM »

Hi Jnine

Yup, the first night I used the utrogestan vaginally, I woke up the next morning actually stuck to my knickers!!!! Yak!!! 

joziel

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 02:26:38 PM »

You could ask to swap to Cyclogest which is the same thing - 200mg of utrogestan - but it's designed to be put up the vag. Then you won't have any partially dissolved capsules coming out.

There is also a shortage of utrogestan at the mo but no shortage of Cyclogest so another reason to swap...