Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Moving from Utrogestan to Cyclogest  (Read 1756 times)

discogirl

Moving from Utrogestan to Cyclogest
« on: June 21, 2023, 05:38:10 PM »

Hi everyone,

I would appreciate some advice and feedback.

I moved from 100mg utrogestan to cyclogest. The reason I moved whilst my sleep had improved, I was getting from the utrogestan a constant feeling of dread, it was awful, so I decided to try cyclogest pessaries.

This is my fourth day on cyclogest, I was given 200mg pessaries and I have been cutting them so I think I was getting between 50 - 70mg. The problem is i've started to feel unwell. Last night I felt totally wired and only got 2 hours sleep.

Does anyone have any experience of moving from utrogestan to cyclogest? Should I take the whole 200mg pessary?

I was thinking of taking the 200mg pessary every other day so it would be about 100mg a day or even trying a cyclical regime.

Any advice would be most grateful thank you xxx

Nas

Re: Moving from Utrogestan to Cyclogest
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 05:46:53 PM »

I would take it as prescribed disco. Otherwise you can get into a fix with these meds.

Is cyclical an option ? If so, try it and see what happens.

Did you try utrogestan vaginally?

A mirena coil?

Xxx

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 05:54:13 PM »

I would take it as prescribed disco. Otherwise you can get into a fix with these meds.

Is cyclical an option ? If so, try it and see what happens.

Did you try utrogestan vaginally?

A mirena coil?

Xxx

Hi Nas

Yes i used the utro vaginally and whilst my sleep had improved the feelings of dread constantly were horrific.

So the measured dose for cyclogest is 200mg. Im not sure why its double the dose for utro?

Yes i was actually thinking about cyclical.

How are you doing?

discogirl

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 06:00:34 PM »

And sorry Nas I didnt answer about your mirena coil suggestion.

No I dont think i would get on with a coil at all.

Thanks for suggesting it though xxx

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 06:08:12 PM »

Is there any clue in the PIL about doses? Cyclogest is licensed for ivf not meno so that might be why it's 200mg. The dose of utro for ivf is also 200mg. Because of this I would assume for a conti regime both would be 100mg but I don't know for sure. Sorry you're having problems with it, I was hoping it would be the solution for you.

discogirl

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2023, 06:12:55 PM »

Is there any clue in the PIL about doses? Cyclogest is licensed for ivf not meno so that might be why it's 200mg. The dose of utro for ivf is also 200mg. Because of this I would assume for a conti regime both would be 100mg but I don't know for sure. Sorry you're having problems with it, I was hoping it would be the solution for you.

Hi sheila99

Yes i was thinking the same thing that the 200g dose is for ivf. Its only used for hrt off licence.

I could use it on alternate days but id rather use it every day rather than starting and stopping the cyclogest.

Yes i was for hopeful for me too.

Hope you're keeping ok and thanks for replying xxx

joziel

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2023, 09:38:31 PM »

Newson are telling people to cut the Cyclogest in half to make 100mg.

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2023, 05:49:49 AM »

Hi are you sure it’s the progesterone that’s causing the feeling of dread or is it low oestrogen?

If it’s progesterone then you could try a different progesterone… norethisterone or desogestrol?

discogirl

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2023, 06:07:13 AM »

Hi Dotty,

No, my estrogen levels are great, it's definately the progesterone.

Yes, they're always options for me, thanks xx

discogirl

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2023, 06:08:35 AM »

Newson are telling people to cut the Cyclogest in half to make 100mg.

Hi Joziel,

Yes I 've heard from a few women that's what they've been told to do.

Maybe it's just me, but as they're wax pessaries I'm not sure I'd get the same amount everyday by cutting it,m as they do tend to crumble xx

Dotty

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2023, 06:48:15 AM »

Hi I may be wrong, but don’t Utrogestan and Cyclogest contain the same micronised progesterone ?

If they’re the same ingredient then I think they will give you the same side effects? x

Ermin2trude

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2023, 07:30:03 AM »

Hello,

Are you absolutely positive you won’t get in with a Mirena Coil? I have been resistant to one for years and have struggled through various other progesterones with awful results. 100mg Utrogestan makes me feel suicidal, provera makes me very wired. I tried utrogestan every which way. Just over two weeks ago I finally relented after 2 gynaecologists and my doctor at Newson Health gently suggested, all independently of each other, a Mirena would be better. I was also reassured that removing it would be a doddle and would be done very quickly if I couldn’t tolerate it.  And I have to say, they were right. My mood is great. Really stable and upbeat. I wish I had done it years ago.

discogirl

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2023, 09:47:57 AM »

Hello,

Are you absolutely positive you won’t get in with a Mirena Coil? I have been resistant to one for years and have struggled through various other progesterones with awful results. 100mg Utrogestan makes me feel suicidal, provera makes me very wired. I tried utrogestan every which way. Just over two weeks ago I finally relented after 2 gynaecologists and my doctor at Newson Health gently suggested, all independently of each other, a Mirena would be better. I was also reassured that removing it would be a doddle and would be done very quickly if I couldn’t tolerate it.  And I have to say, they were right. My mood is great. Really stable and upbeat. I wish I had done it years ago.

Hi Ermin2trude

I wouldn't take the Mirena coil off the table, but at the moment I'd rather try other options first.

I'm so pleased you've settle on the Mirena, mind I was exactly the same with the utro, suicidal, feeling wired, I felt none of this feeling calm malarky.

Thanks so much for your reply and thanks for the infor about the Mirena xx

Finalpause

• First Flush
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2023, 10:52:07 PM »

Hi Discogirl

I have been on hrt since April and tried utrogestan all sorts of ways and gave it 3 months but just had those feelings of dread and felt awful also got sore down there when inserting it. I put on 8kg then I changed to cyclogest which I started cutting them in half every night no reaction to them and felt slightly better but I just upped it to 200mg per night and have been feeling better I’m in 2 pumps estrogel, I have also started dim which maybe has an impact on my symptoms but cyclogest is definitely better than utrogestan for me. I hope this helps.

discogirl

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2023, 07:16:11 AM »

Hi Finalpause

That is so helpful, thank you for that information.

Yes its a strange one the utrogestan how some women feel fine on it and makes them sleepy, however like yourself it made me wired at night and even using it vaginally I had the awful feelings of dread.

I have recently developed very sore and swollen boobs (i'm post meno) so none of my own hormones to mess things up however I've also put quite a bit of weight on and I think my estrogen might a bit high so I'm reducing my gel from 3 to 2.5.

I'm cutting a slight bit off my cyclogest so getting about 170mg, I did try 200mg, I may go back to that actually.

How long have you been taking the dim supplement for? My diet shocking so I'd be very interested in feedback regarding this supplement. How much do you take?

I also feel better on the cyclogest. I use it rectally (sorry tmi) as at least once its up there, its up, if you get my meaning!!! xxx
Pages: [1] 2