Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel 25 migraines and hair loss  (Read 718 times)

Katie7800

Evorel 25 migraines and hair loss
« on: June 21, 2023, 08:44:22 AM »

Hello,
A month ago I changed from Sandrena to Evorel 25 patches (Sequi. I am age 45). I was getting migraines on Sandrena and the gp said that patches would suit me better due to less fluctuations in oestrogen (which cause migraine). I’ve been on the patches a month and I am still getting daily silent migraines. I have also noticed a lot of hair loss.

Should I be patient and hope that things will eventually settle down? Obviously the hair loss is less of an issue (though still distressing) than the migraines, which I can’t stand much longer.

I spoke to a different GP recently about the migraines who suggested trying the Sandrena again but at a slightly reduced dose (because I am already on the lowest dose of Evorel, and he said you must not cut them up as the reservoirs will leak and the amount will be inconsistent each time). I might try this, but just wondered if I need to give it a bit longer on Evorel first.

Thanks for any advice!

PS - I used to get migraines on the combined contraceptive pill, and also during puberty (I was not on the pill). So I am prone to migraine.

Taz2

Re: Evorel 25 migraines and hair loss
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 01:39:58 PM »

What medication have you been offered for your silent migraine also known as Vestibular Migraine/migraine with aura? The Migraine Trust is excellent for advice https://migrainetrust.org/understand-migraine/types-of-migraine/migraine-with-aura/#page-section-2 . I have the same type as you but I've not ventured down the medication route yet.

Taz x   :hug:

Katie7800

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 03:56:15 PM »

What medication have you been offered for your silent migraine also known as Vestibular Migraine/migraine with aura? The Migraine Trust is excellent for advice https://migrainetrust.org/understand-migraine/types-of-migraine/migraine-with-aura/#page-section-2 . I have the same type as you but I've not ventured down the medication route yet.

Taz x   :hug:

Hi Taz,

Thanks for your reply. Are you also on Evorel?

I have already spoken to the Migraine Trust, and they suggested trying high doses of magnesium citrate, and vitamin B2, both of which I have been taking for a month. Apparently they will take a couple of months to work, so fingers crossed they might help…
X

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 04:56:42 PM »

Hi. I'm on Evorel 50 as I have had a hysterectomy so don't need progesterone for womb protection. I have had these types of migraines since I was small and HRT didn't change them. It will be interesting to see if your supplements make a difference. I find that tiredness and citrus fruits can cause mine. It's annoying when driving as I have to stop until my vision returns to normal.  :(

Taz x

Katie7800

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 06:56:29 PM »

Oh you poor thing having these migraines all your life.

I had migraines during puberty but the only other time I’ve had them was when I was on the pill and now on HRT. I didn’t have them during pregnancy.

I must admit I have avoided driving while I’ve had these problems.

Not much fun in this heat either! I’ve got two small children as well so it’s all a bit exhausting.

Thanks again x

emj201

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2023, 01:02:23 PM »

I think you can cut the patches. I did a quick google and it is even recommended for children: https://www.bsped.org.uk/media/1870/evorel-patches-web-version.pdf

lillith112

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2023, 04:18:08 PM »

I had extreme migraines for weeks on on gel, estradot and Evorel. The only patches I can tolerate is Estraderm.  I've been on them for 3 years now ☺️