Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Progesterone and oestrogen during hrt  (Read 396 times)

floraljo

Progesterone and oestrogen during hrt
« on: August 31, 2023, 04:35:46 PM »

Hi,
I'm on estradot 50 and 200 utrogestan for 2 weeks.
My oestrogen blood test last month was 2058 and prolactin was just over 600. Gp suggested I repeat them which I did a oestrogen was 850 and prolactin was just over 300 so back in normal range.

I've still got symptoms and can't work out why. I wonder if the sudden 2 weeks on and off progesterone is impacting fluctuations. Has anyone had progesterone monitored during treatment?

As oestrogen has been 650-2999 every time since hrt, am I right in thinking this is higher than it really needs to be? I was started on 50mg but wonder if I could have started on 25. Gp advised me to increase to 75 to reduce symptoms but I'm wondering if actually I should be reducing. I'm stuck on what to do and if just going to the combined pill is better.

Maxwell

Re: Progesterone and oestrogen during hrt
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 06:15:13 PM »

I think it's too much oestrogen. Keeping blood levels around 600 is more than enough for a postmenopausal woman, but if you're perimenopausal your own hormones will be fluctuating and adding more oestrogen could be counterproductive. You could try progesterone continuously to see if it helps with the fluctuations. Sorry for not offering much help, maybe someone else will be able to help you.

floraljo

Re: Progesterone and oestrogen during hrt
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 06:47:37 PM »

Maxwell - thank you. Before hrt my levels were 113-1600 so it was swinging then with the low too low and the high too high!