Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Joints pain, tingling & Burning  (Read 1465 times)

Tumiza

• First Flush
Joints pain, tingling & Burning
« on: June 21, 2023, 02:41:26 AM »

Hello Ladies .
It’s a while since I posted but really suffering… this seems the only place I can turn to when I read your posts and it helps to calm me down.
After suffering from internal shaking for a whole year now I now have horrendous joint pain everywhere especially my knees and my shoulders and neck . I have burning palms and soles of feet that are worse at night and feel like I’ve had them over a fire. And now the tingling and pins and needles in both arms and now legs.
I’m petrified! I’m away on holiday and all I want to do I go home. I had a phone call with a doctor and she seemed concerned but when I mentioned could it be menopause symptoms she said it didn’t sound like it ! Now I’m even more worried. I will go have all the tests as soon as I return … just like many of you have already. I’m not on HRT or any medication. I was trying to get through this if possible without . But that indie is closing rapidly . I have to say my husband is not very supportive.. I try and explain my symptoms but isn’t really interested . This makes me sad!

Flossieteacake

Re: Joints pain, tingling & Burning
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 06:07:00 AM »

I am so sorry you are experience this and I can understand why you feel anxious. Personally, I think the symptoms you describe could be lack of oestrogen. I too had joint pain, tingling and burning. I had the most painful wrists and I could hardly move my hands. I also had terrible pain on the tops of my feet. I thought I had arthritis. Even the duvet would hurt it if it touched. This all went away with HRT.

I know some women are reluctant to try HRT but when symptoms are caused my low oestrogen it is worth trying. Your GP is unlikely to understand menopause and make the connection between what you are describing and lack of oestrogen.

It makes it hard when your husband is unable to understand how you are feeling. Perhaps it would help to show him this link:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2458.0.html

jorainbow

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 06:40:22 AM »

I've had the same joint pains and the weirdest buzzing sensation recently in my thigh so you're certainly not alone. I'm starting hrt tiday so hoping this will help

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 08:17:44 AM »

.... and breath.  Enjoy your holiday. 

As oestrogen levels drop all kinds of weird symptoms may appear.  Lack of oestrogen can cause the muscles to become lax = aches and pains.  Do U take any pain relief?

Is there a GP at your Practice interested in womens health, or a Nurse Practitioner for a chat with about your symptoms.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use. 

How is your posture?  Pins and needles can impact from the top of the head downwards if specific nerves are affected.  Carpal tunnel syndrome is common in pregnancy and menopause.

Let us know how you get on.  Take a list to that appt..

joziel

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 02:16:20 PM »

These are absolutely like my own peri-menopause symptoms.

I have been trying to get my estrogen dose right (probably been too low and not absorbing patches) and I've also had internal shaking for over a year, especially getting bad at night. I had awful joint pain in my fingers, hips, knees - blood tests and RA tests all came back okay. I had buzzing feet at night especially and my hands would go numb in my sleep.

All this was peri-menopause. I've spent a fortune investigating other things and everything else has been fine. Don't let a doctor tell you otherwise. Get on some HRT :)