Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hrt and pmt???  (Read 1308 times)

Me

Hrt and pmt???
« on: May 05, 2022, 07:39:40 AM »

Hi everyone
After a couple of false starts   many worries and misgivings I have settled into what is a good hrt routine for me.
I've noticed many unintended positive effects on my health especially my Inflammatory Arthritis fir which I take hydroxychloroquine. Apparently hormones have long been known to have an impact on rheumatoid arthritis especially.
My mood has lifted too and that in turn has helped me to deal with episodes of extreme pain and remaining active,  nothing miraculous just a bit more emotional energy.
before hrt (6/7 months nnow) my periods were beginning to decline   sometimes really heavy, sometimes really really light and getting further apart   what I thought was the natural decline.  Thankfully I've never had pmt or pms.  However, Last three months I seem to have started being more regular abd having quite a normal period with what I think is pms: sore boobs and nipples,  low mood, quite irritable and what I think may be related,  dangerous low blood sugar levels.  It happened while driving yesterday and went on for about an hour.  I've nearly passed out with it. Today   surprise,  my period has started.
Is this normal?

tambourine queen

Re: Hrt and pmt???
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 07:11:10 AM »

Hi there. I know this is an old topic but I’ve been getting this- pmt symptoms in the second two weeks of my cycle. I’m on patches and 14 days on and off progesterone.

Ermin2trude

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 07:32:02 AM »

Are you raking the progesterone in the second half of your cycle, or do you take it days 1-14?

tambourine queen

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 07:53:20 AM »

Technically second half as I started the patch first then added in the tablets.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 07:56:31 AM »

Hi there. I know this is an old topic but I’ve been getting this- pmt symptoms in the second two weeks of my cycle. I’m on patches and 14 days on and off progesterone.

Progesterone is known to give pms symptoms in many women. Is it Utrogestan? You may need to consider a different type of progesterone if the symptoms are too difficult.

Taz. X

Ermin2trude

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 08:14:00 AM »

Another question, when you started HRT, were your periods few and far between or closer together and very heavy? If the latter, then your progesterone levels were low and your PMS symptoms are due to high oestrogen levels and not enough progesterone. If the former then it’s your oestrogen levels that dropped off first, in which case, the progesterone in your HRT is causing the PMS type symptoms. This is what my doctor told me annd one of the first questions he ansked when I began HRT.  And if your were post meno when you started, then perhaps you should be on a continuous regime.

tambourine queen

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2023, 08:28:11 AM »

Hi
My periods were all over the place- sometimes 20 days and sometimes 38 days between when I started.

Ermin2trude

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2023, 09:11:29 AM »

If your periods were really heavy, then your progesterone levels tanked. Mine were really heavy. If they were scant/light, then your oestrogen levels were dropping. So if they were really heavy, then reducing the oestrogen patch you are on will help with the PMS symptoms. If they were scant/light, increasing the oestrogen will help.

tambourine queen

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2023, 09:52:31 AM »

They were hideous heavy- like a teenager! That’s really interesting and helpful! Thank you.