Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogeston not influencing bleeds  (Read 470 times)

Wragmop

Utrogeston not influencing bleeds
« on: June 20, 2023, 07:03:33 PM »

I’m 51 and I’ve been on a sequential regime for a year now, currently on 100mg patches and 200mg utrogeston for 2 weeks of the month. It’s been like magic for my symptoms but the withdrawal bleed has become more and more unpredictable in terms of timing. I can go 6 weeks without a bleed then have two bleeds in a month. Is it just my own cycle doing that? I thought the utrogeston was supposed to control the bleeds. Should I be concerned? GP has advised I should continue the regime as normal for now but has booked me in for a scan.

joziel

Re: Utrogeston not influencing bleeds
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 09:08:05 PM »

It might just mean that you are ready to move to continuous utrogestan instead of sequential. The recommendation is to try that after a year on sequential anyway. It gets hard to know when to take the sequential utrogestan if your own cycles are v irregular.

The other idea is to take it for 25 days out of 28 (which is the old version of continuous) so that you have a bleed in those few days to get rid of any build up, and know when it will be.

Wragmop

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 09:15:57 PM »

Oh that’s interesting- and helpful, thank you

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 09:15:58 AM »

Utrogeston won't override your own cycle so I found it better to fit the hrt cycle into my own instead of expecting my body to fit into the hrt cycle (it never did). You can try conti but as you still have your own cycle you're likely to find you still bleed, utro doesn't suppress your own cycle either.

Wragmop

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 06:10:23 AM »

Thank you, that’s helpful. The cycle timing started off ok - it just seems to have gone haywire lately 🤷‍♀️