Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help with Estrogel. Very odd symptoms.  (Read 709 times)

Joesmum

Help with Estrogel. Very odd symptoms.
« on: June 22, 2023, 12:13:37 PM »

I had a rather unpleasant and disconcerting experience whilst away on holiday with Estrogel.
My usual dosage is 2 pumps am and 1 pump pm.
One evening when I took my 1 pump within half an hour I started to feel high as kite with rather disturbing thoughts. It was really unpleasant and I just took myself off to bed.
I have since lowered my dosage to 2 pumps thinking that my usual levels of around 750 pmols were perhaps too high for me but in the last week I’ve started to feel terrible fatigue again, low mood, depersonalisation, confusion, inability to focus, feelings of low blood sugar even when it’s fine and hot all the time. Not flushes just hot all the time.
What do I do?
Stick with it and hope it’ll improve on the 2 pumps? Or go back to 3 pumps and risk a strange episode again?

joziel

Re: Help with Estrogel. Very odd symptoms.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 01:17:09 PM »

I would try taking your 3 pumps together in the morning. Or try adding half a pump and being on 2.5.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 02:24:47 PM »

OH errrr - where were you on holiday and what had you ingested in the previous 24 hours?

Was it somewhere incredibly hot and you were dehydrated?  This certainly should be looked into .  MayB add the extra pump a few nights with gaps initially to allow the body to uptake without shocking it.  See how you feel.  Let us know!

Joesmum

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 02:45:39 PM »

It was very hot but I’d been drinking lots of water. I don’t drink alcohol. All I’d done out of the usual was spent a lot of time swimming in a pool which was lovely.
I know I’m incredible sensitive to hormone changes but this was quite unusual. Almost as if the level had gone too high and I felt overly happy. Hard to describe.
I hadn’t eaten anything strange.
Today I’ve actually added the 3rd pump in this afternoon because I’ve had to go back to bed because I’m exhausted. I can’t function on 2 pumps.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 02:53:13 PM »

How long have you been on your HRT regime?  Have your VitD levels been tested recently, when I had very low levels I could hardly move.  I would do 20 mins weeding then sit absolutely still for at least 2 hours.   :-\.  I began to think that I had something terminal. 

Joesmum

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 06:01:08 PM »

Yes my vitamin D is around 70 at the moment which is great for me but I’ve been supplementing 8000 units a day on advice from my Endo. Finally got a healthy result.
I take thyroxine also.
I’ve been on this regime for 7 months having swapped from 75mcg patches because they kept falling off.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2023, 06:43:18 PM »

Our pharmacies won't sell any more than 1,000 VitD tablets whereas my GP prescribed 3000 daily.  So I pop 3 during the day  ::)

Sue1972

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2023, 04:27:32 PM »

Were you nearly at the end of a tube? That happened to me when my tube was due to finish.

I then read on a forum that you should discard the first pump from a tube and then only use 64 pumps from that tube.

I have also started to apply the gel with my finger tips and instead of rubbing I just swipe the gel up and down the area.

Since I have started to follow this advice I have not had those feelings again.

joziel

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2023, 08:39:10 PM »

I apply the gel using a small silicone spatula  ;D That way, none of it gets on my hands and wasted and also I don't contaminate my fingers if I want to do finger **** blood tests.