Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Persistent abdominal pain - Evorel Sequi  (Read 461 times)

Nell

• First Flush
Persistent abdominal pain - Evorel Sequi
« on: June 19, 2023, 07:09:30 PM »

Hi, I'm just coming up to the end of my second month on Evorel Sequil. The first month was a dream - immediate relief of perimenopause symptoms within just a couple of days.

Month 2 has not been so good. My fault initially as I found I'd mixed up the patches, basically I'd used two oestrogen only and then accidentally used two combined patches. I noticed my mistake and decided to just switch back to the oestrogen ones and then skip to the next pack. I then had a normal (and virtually pain-free) period after switching back to the oestrogen only patches as planned so I figured I might as well finish the pack with the combined patches.  I don't know if that is the cause of my problems, but that is the background. For the last two weeks I've had persistent abdominal pain, I also had spotting for a week or so but now that is over and my abdominal pain and bloating is so bad today that I tore the patch off in the car on the way home. I want to curl up and cry. I have my three pre-three month check in with the GP next Tuesday but honestly don't know what to do for the best. I'm not even certain that the HRT is the cause here - and if it is, was it my mix up that has messed up my  body so much, or is it just side effects I was lucky enough to avoid in month one? Anyone else experience this sort of persistent pain on Evorel? I so want this to work out, month one was just blissful.

Flossieteacake

Re: Persistent abdominal pain - Evorel Sequi
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 07:15:19 PM »

Hello Nell and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear you are in pain. Mixing up the patches is such an easy thing to do so please do not blame yourself.

I do not have experience with Evorel Sequi but I just wanted to welcome you and tell you not to worry if you cannot take this as there are many more options you could try.

I am sure somebody knowledgeable will reply to your post soon. :)

Losingtheplot

Re: Persistent abdominal pain - Evorel Sequi
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 08:32:23 PM »

Hi Nell
Sorry your having a bad time. I suffered terrible bloating on the Evorel conti. The progesterone in it didnt suit me. I got extreme tiredness, severe headaches and my stomach ballooned! I was fine on the Evorel sequi the 1st 2 weeks of the month had no adverse effects. And I also mixed up my patches and used a sequi during conti week! Maybe give them another try if it suited you on month 1?. If you have a bad time again with correct patches on then sounds like progesterone intolerance and as this is synthetic version you could try a body identical one. Its trial and error so discuss with your GP as the mix up in patches may have caused the issues. Maybe try another month or so before deciding if you need diff HRT? I do hope you get sorted hunni keep us updated Xxx
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 08:36:04 PM by Losingtheplot »