Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: feeling horrid again  (Read 1810 times)

Pauline67

feeling horrid again
« on: June 18, 2023, 08:38:28 AM »

Morning Ladies

Was on Evorel Conti for 8 months but had bleeding for months so tryed to fit coil but didnt work, so doctor changed me to 100mg x 2 Utrogestan and Evorel 75.  The bleeding stopped within 3 days but i seem to be going backwards again.  Feel horrid especially in the mornings.  Pain in shoulders and lower back, diarrhoea,  feeling sick, coughing, heartburn and totally exhausted. A few of these symptoms ive never got rid of.  Does it take another 3 months for all this to kick in again or is it suppose to be less as i was already on HRT?.

I did ask the doctor for a blood test to see how high/low everything was and wanted to know if im lacking any vitamins, minerals etc but she said i didnt need one.

Sorry for all the questions but i dont have anyone else i could talk to regarding this.

Flossieteacake

Re: feeling horrid again
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2023, 09:27:19 AM »

Please do not apologise for posting. We are here to support you. I do not think it is very nice of the Dr to refuse you a blood test. If you are feeling poorly then it would be helpful to have one just to see if you are lacking in anything. If you wish to then I would ask again.

It could be you are reacting to the ultrogestan. Sadly, it does seem to cause some women to have side effects. You could try and give it a little time to see if you can get used to it but if not then you could ask for something else. This is a list of all the HRT preparations just so you know there are other options.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatment.php

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2023, 11:21:54 AM »

Hi if your symptoms have never gone complete away it’s likely that you need a higher dose of oestrogen.

Pauline67

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2023, 11:58:52 AM »

Maybe I could ask for some gel and try 1 pump , that would make me on 100 oestrogen.
Tbh I will try anything now, as I'm so fed up.
Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2023, 01:11:54 PM »

Hormone blood tests are reliably un-reliable.  However, a full blood count to include VitD levels and thyroid function tests might be wise, is there a Nurse Practitioner with whom you could speak?  They often have more time and knowledge ;-).

Has the bleeding eased?  How is your diet and exercise regime?  Sometimes it takes a while for the uptake of HRT if it's battling with your own hormones.

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Affecting the bowels/guts though is awful, my first attempt at The Pill caused sickness so Mum sent me to the GP  ::).  It was definitely the extra hormones in The Pill.

Let us know how you get on.  Nausea etc. is awful.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2023, 06:17:26 PM »

Could it be a side effect of the Utrogestan? The leaflet gives nausea, bloatedness, stomach pain amongst others http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/352/pil#gref

Taz x  :hug:

Pauline67

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2023, 07:41:39 AM »

Has the bleeding eased?  How is your diet and exercise regime?  Sometimes it takes a while for the uptake of HRT if it's battling with your own hormones.

The bleeding stopped within 3 days of taking Utrogestan.  my diet isnt to bad, im not overweight im about 9 stone, i eat yogurt, porridge and banana every day and have a full meal at night, exercise well i dont do yoga etc but im active when i can be and try to do about 4000 steps a day.

Im wondering if it the Evorel that could be causing all this as i was on Evorel Conti to start with and now Evorel 75. 

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2023, 12:48:48 PM »

Hi are you taking 2 x Utrogestan every day ?

Pauline67

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2023, 01:03:21 PM »

Hi are you taking 2 x Utrogestan every day ?
Yes dotty I am as doctor told me to, I presume to stop the bleeding.

Dotty

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2023, 02:27:06 PM »

It could be the double utrogestan that is causing the problems then.

It could have been the norethisterone in the Evorel Conti thats as causing the bleeding as it is quite a strong progesterone and doesn't suit everyone.  You  might be ok on just 1 utrogestan capsule.

pepperminty

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2023, 06:41:09 AM »

Hi,

write a symtom diary. I felt dreadfull when I changed HRt and it took 3 full months before I felt better. Stay with sequencial HRT and then see if you feel ok on the estrogen only phase. It is possible to long cycle just the estrogen for a couple of months without progesterone ( with supervision) to see how you feel and whether it is the progesterone.
Try taking different times of day can help I changed from AM to tea time.
Levels can be useful for some- they do them as a last resort on the NHS to see if you are absornbing at all. I do mine through medicecks once a year and my levels remain consistent. I have done one recently and  my levels dropped and I have upped my estrogen sucessfully. I will do another after and see what my levels are with the increase.
 I am post meno, ( i must be by now)  so no estrogen in the background - only what I take. Even when I was peri my levels were still constant. Doing something positive and taking control can help how you feel. 
There are many options to try and sometimes finding the right one can take time.
Starting low and increasing very slowly worked for me.

I hope you feel better soon.  PMX