Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: any herb remedy for racing heart?  (Read 498 times)

freewillbabie

any herb remedy for racing heart?
« on: June 19, 2023, 03:27:57 PM »

ive been getting this for ages now on and off, then anxiety kicks in and makes it worse.

just wondered if there was anything out there that kinda eases this?

i heard plenty water, peppermint tea? potassium?

i was taking a lot of kalms but valerian root could be a trigger i just found.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 03:45:39 PM by freewillbabie »

Limpy

Re: any herb remedy for racing heart?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 05:20:42 PM »

In the past have found peppermint tea be very calming and helpful for reducing blood pressure.
So, just guessing, I assume it could help calm a racing heart.

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 06:14:40 PM »

Naturopath told me to drink any of the teas designed for sleep to help slow heart rate. They usually include valerian, hops or camomile. You can get valerian tablets as well, designed to be taken at bedtime as a natural sleep aid bit I have taken them in the daytime too. Mot sure you could drive on them though so factor that in.

Magnesium glycinate or citrate may also help. Be careful what type of magnesium you use as some are more stimulating than other, eg magnesium malate is best taken in the morning.

Alternatively, I've just started using a beta blocker called propanalol on an hoc basis when this happens. Have to get it from the doctor but it is effective. Tablet effects supposedly start to wear off after four hours but mine seems to last the whole day so I've found worth it.

alibeau

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2023, 12:49:37 PM »

I have been taking Magnesium Glycinate for over a year after reading recommendations on here. I started to take it to help ease racing heart/palpatations.

In recent months I did a bit of a 'review' of all the supplements I take to make sure they were needed, so either cut them out or reducded them.

I take two MG capsules a day and reduced this down to one and my symptoms started to return within days so I am back on two and will be sticking with this as it absouletly keeps my symptoms at bay.

I also have a selection of 'sleep' herbal tea bags, lavendar, valerian etc.  Not sure if they help but I enjoy them regardless!

I have also tried Calms Lavendar capsules, these also do take the edge off.

Ali x
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 12:51:39 PM by alibeau »