Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Weight loss: HRT need tweaking  (Read 482 times)

Jogawne

Weight loss: HRT need tweaking
« on: June 20, 2023, 05:50:53 AM »

Hello all,
Since March I have lost 22lbs (and 7lb before Christmas).
I have been menopausal for 4 years and am 1.5 patches of evorel conti.
The last couple of weeks I've felt really like I have PMS, sore boobs,  angry, cravings etc ( vert typical PMS for me, but not for 4 yrs).
Does my HRT need tweaking after losing weight? Should I try 1 patch or 1.25 patches?
Thanks for any help x

Taz2

Re: Weight loss: HRT need tweaking
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 06:01:49 AM »

Hi Jogawne. Have you lost this weight deliberately? If not I take it that you have had a check up just to make sure that all is ok? 22lbs is a lot to lose in a few months.

The norethisterone in Evorel conti always made me feel as if I had PMS so maybe it's the higher dose causing this. How long have you been on the 1.5?

Taz x

Jogawne

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 07:45:13 AM »

Yes I've lost it deliberately and healthily with exercise, calorie counting, more protein and more steps.
I've been on 1.5 patches for 10 months and feel better on the norethisterone than I did on progesterone tbh.
It's the sore breasts I'm really noticing and not enjoying and alongside the other symptoms and as this has started in the last fortnight, I wondered if the estrogen was too high, so wondered about dropping the patches to just 1 or 1.25. I think I'll just try it. I upped the patches to 1.5 myself and at the time felt so much better for it.
Thanks

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2023, 07:55:15 AM »

Sore boobs are an indication of too much oestrogen so I think reducing would be a good move.