Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Aches & Pains  (Read 1501 times)

marge

Aches & Pains
« on: June 17, 2023, 10:52:08 AM »

Seems these days there’s always some odd ache or pain somewhere. Is it age - mid-60s and normal? Barely a day goes by without a twinge. This morning it was my ankles aching; l can’t think why, but it went off after an hour or so. Sometimes it’s my stomach or back or hip or anywhere really. Are they real pains or health anxiety as, when distracted, l don’t notice them? Am l alone in this leaky old boat?

Flossieteacake

Re: Aches & Pains
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 10:53:55 AM »

You are not alone Marge. Is it possible your oestrogen needs tweaking? Often that can help with aches and pains.

AKatieD

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 09:02:38 AM »

Used to get that before thyroid treated properly. Might be worth checking that out?

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 09:14:29 AM »

Hello Marge

For some reason I have never had aches and pains as part of the meno but I do have mood changes that come and go and are equally frustrating and upsetting. My trusty Meno book said that no one gets all of the symptoms on the list and from being on this site I believe that to be true.

At the same time that I had my last period I also embarked on an anti inflammatory diet and I wonder if that has helped me avoid any muscle and joint problems? You may want to look at your diet and experiment with anti inflammatory treatments.

Wishing you well.

K.

suzysunday

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2023, 01:46:56 PM »

Me too. Mid 60s and aches and pains a lot. Neck back, hips, feet.  Really gets you down sometimes. Some days are worse than others. 

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2023, 02:40:33 PM »

Me too, same as Suzysunday..I'm 66 and feel like am seizing up....joint and muscle pain everywhere...and so tired...HRT hasn't helped it at all.

Ayesha

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2023, 03:43:59 PM »

We've had a lot of high humidity lately and when that happens my muscles become inflamed and can be very painful and sickly.
My joints don't get affected by it but I suffer with weak muscles and the weather when humid makes it worse.

You're definitely not alone in the leaky old boat that's for sure!

suzysunday

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2023, 05:42:47 PM »

I've considered going to the doctor but think they will just offer painkillers which I have want.  I try to do exercises but it's not easy being consistent.