Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Which Oestrogen patch ?  (Read 444 times)

MillieMoo10

Which Oestrogen patch ?
« on: August 12, 2023, 05:32:10 PM »

Hi again ladies

Im 57, 8 months since last period and looking to start HRT.  Ive already asked a few questions on the progesterone part of it but Im now wondering if one Oestrogen patch is better than another and what is the difference between them? How do you decide which one to try first ?

Thank you for all your help x

SarahT

Re: Which Oestrogen patch ?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 05:45:44 PM »

Hi
I don't think I got any input into my choice of patch. Of course I hadn't come across this forum to provide me with valuable advice and knowledge. Wish I could have had the same foresight as You to do some research!

I think in some ways patches can be a bit of trial and error as it seems many on here have tried different brands whether than by choice of availability
I started on Everol,  but I had nausea and slight headaches. Switched to Estradot and have been fine on these for the last 10 months or so. I think it must be said there may be some time needed for the body to get used to any hrt, so any side affects may well settle after a while.

But others swear by Everol rather than Estradot.

I'm sorry it does not see much help but individuals do react differently. The advice usually given is to give hrt, or any changes in hrt three months to settle or to see the full benefits before tweaking things. Let's see how others feel..

Good luck

MillieMoo10

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 09:11:12 AM »

Thank you very much for your input SarahT.  Yes Im doing my research (thanks to you amazing ladies on this site!) but im aware that when I approach my GP I might not get what I want, more likely get what they want to provide! I think I've found out that they all contain Oestrodial but have different "other" ingredients added so as you say it will be what reactions we have to those "other" ingredients that determines what one suits each person - I think anyway  ;D

Thanks again x

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 12:27:54 PM »

Hi Millie, I have been on an Estradot 50 patch, they are very small and stick the best for me with no irritation.

Saying that though, I am back on the gel now as it's easier to adjust the dose if necessary, but it's a matter of personal preference!

Hope you get on ok.