Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Mirena strings?  (Read 555 times)

Jett

Mirena strings?
« on: June 16, 2023, 09:11:42 AM »

:)Hello friends,

I got my Mirena put in on Monday and by Wednesday bleeding has eased off.  I had a shower this morning and was brave enough to try and find the threads to check it’s still there and I couldn’t feel anything  :-\

My question to Mirena past and present folks is, can everyone feel their threads and if so what do they feel like? How high are they?

I am worried it fell out without me noticing!

Thanks in advance as always for your invaluable insight

Jxx
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 11:42:01 AM by Jett »

Bindi

Re: Mirena strings?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 01:17:49 PM »

Hi jett
If you run your finger across the neck of your cervix just in side you will feel soming that feels like fine fishing line end well mine did hun

TJ1313

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 04:17:12 PM »

I cant always feel mine, they sometimes get curled up, the nurse will check for them at your check up if youre worried x

SarahT

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 05:53:06 PM »

I had mine fitted September and couldn't feel mine either. But I also had a check with a nurse who said all was in place and everything was ok.

Jett

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 07:36:38 PM »

Thank you all so much.  This makes me feel a lot more positive that it’s still there.  Really appreciate the three of you letting me know your experience.  xxx

jadenatalie123

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2023, 10:03:14 PM »

I sometimes can’t find mine, I have a retroverted cervix so it bends and then my strings are out of feeling range! It also depends where you are in your cycle, the cervix moves up and down constantly so if it’s very high up, naturally the strings are harder to feel. x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2023, 10:17:38 PM »

I have never been able to feel mine.I had my Mirena replaced last year and doctor struggled to get it out as strings had curled up but it was obviously still there. I have a tilted womb and small hands, probably doesn't help me find them.

Jett

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2023, 04:22:56 PM »

Thank you Jadenatalie and Tinkerbell, this is very reassuring.  My womb is tilted too and I have very small fingers so could be something similar is happening with me.

Thanks both for taking the time to reply to me, I really appreciate it xxx