Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 2 week referral  (Read 4506 times)

newbeginnings

2 week referral
« on: June 15, 2023, 12:06:30 PM »

Hi, just wondering now what to do. I've been on 4 pumps estrogel 100 utrogestan least couple years, had bleeding episode last year all clear hysteroscopy. Last 3 months been bleeding again on and off mainly on, so gp referred me.
Now bleeding has stopped just as I recieve the appt, do I still need to go to appt if I'm not bleeding?
Having awful leg and lower back pain too.

Flossieteacake

Re: 2 week referral
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 12:11:57 PM »

I would go just encase you bleed again. You can also mention your lower back and leg pain.

Donna-paul

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 12:31:05 PM »

I would go as I had similar and had bleed within 15mths of the other. This time my womb lining was ok but biopsy came back abnormal precancerous cells. Just had a full hysterectomy 12 weeks ago. Good luck

newbeginnings

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 04:12:10 PM »

Thank you both

newbeginnings

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 10:40:03 PM »

The bleeding has stopped now, do I still need to go to the appointment?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2023, 07:00:38 AM »

You can choose but I would as it could happen again. Perhaps it will reassure you just to get a check up. :)

newbeginnings

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2023, 09:37:59 AM »

I know youre right. Im 99.9% there's nothing wrong it's just the estrogel and utro I'm not confident I'm getting the right amount. Total guesswork on my part as GP has admitted to me he has no knowledge of transdermal hrt

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2023, 10:28:30 AM »

I know youre right. Im 99.9% there's nothing wrong it's just the estrogel and utro I'm not confident I'm getting the right amount. Total guesswork on my part as GP has admitted to me he has no knowledge of transdermal hrt

You will know your own body better then anybody. Can you ask your GP to refer you to an NHS menopause clinic? Do you feel you need more oestrogen or progesterone?

newbeginnings

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2023, 10:52:21 PM »

I'm booked for a scan in August, I got the letter this week after being referred for "abnormal" bleeding last October, the bleeding continues monthly and like you I'm not actually worried, it seems normal to me, but it shouldn't be happening.

I won't miss my appointment because it took ten months to get one on the NHS!

I wouldn't pay for a private appointment if I didn't think I needed it, but I might take an NHS appointment I wasn't sure I needed, just to be safe.

It could put your mind at rest and also tell you how thick your uterine lining is at that one snapshot in time.

At age 36, mine was measured at 6mm, 8-10 days after my period started, so I had a D&C and mirena coil fitted, after three months no more bleeding.

Maybe in August I'll have a second reading to compare it with, at age 55, lol. My guess is most women never have the lining measured their whole lives.

Thank you!! Reassuring  and adds to my confidence

newbeginnings

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2023, 10:56:14 PM »

You will know your own body better then anybody. Can you ask your GP to refer you to an NHS menopause clinic? Do you feel you need more oestrogen or progesterone?

I'm in North Devon and there are no NHS menopause clinics for 150 miles (please someone tell me I'm wrong!) I think I'm now on about right 3 pumps and 100 utrogestan

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2023, 07:27:14 AM »

I guess your nearest one is Bristol?

Taz x  :(

Flossieteacake

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2023, 08:29:40 AM »

You could have a phone appointment if the clinic is too far to travel to.

I'm in North Devon and there are no NHS menopause clinics for 150 miles (please someone tell me I'm wrong!) I think I'm now on about right 3 pumps and 100 utrogestan

Kathleen

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2023, 09:32:47 AM »

Hello ladies.

I don't know how helpful this is but about a year ago I had investigations for post meno bleeding and everything was fine and my lining was  only 2mm. The conclusion was that the HRT was the problem and I was told to reduce my Oestrogen gel which I did.

It may be that most cases of bleeding are due to HRT and no problems are found but I think it's best to be checked out .

Take care ladies.

K.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2023, 06:29:06 PM »

I have had issues with intermittent bleeding since being on HRT and approaching meopause / post menopause. Investigations forund a lining of 5.5  acouple of years ago and thay agreed to another scan 6 months later rather than a hysteroscopy which was then within normal limits.

Fast forward 2 years and Ive had quite a lot of bleeding again and also which I suspect is related, bladder issues. The dr seemed to think its HRT realted but they have a duty to refer you on the 2 week pathway (though it took 5 weeks to get my initial appointment) I'm now having my call back appointment to discuss the scan this week.

I think its probably wise to go for scans when ever they are offered if there is bleeding if this is not cost prohibitive. Better to be checked out and it's an easy proceedure. I would be more reluctant to have a hysteroscopy unless there was clear evidence of a potentail issue - but I get very anxiousin these situations and tense up.

I like you am not particularly worried and think it's probably down to the HRT and vaginal atrophy in my case, but better to to be sure.

Good luck.

newbeginnings

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2023, 10:25:49 PM »

I have been given an appt with the consultant and not for a scan which seems to suggest another hysteroscopy straight off.
Can the lining thickness be determined by hysteroscopy?
Pages: [1] 2