Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Maybe I am not doing so well then...  (Read 945 times)

Kathleen

Re: Maybe I am not doing so well then...
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2023, 05:58:48 PM »

Hello Sarah T

I am sorry that you are suffering and I completely understand how it feels.

As you likely know ( after all I go on about it often enough lol) my main meno problem is mood related and it is so crushing to feel better but then have a return of another low. My daughter once commented that all this started so it's bound to finish at some point. Well yes but when?

I hope you get back on track soon and sending hugs.

K.

SarahT

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2023, 06:19:43 PM »

Hiya Kathleen,

We know moods are the pits and yet am sure many others would love to swap their awful physical symptoms in exchange for our mood ones. Both can be so debilitating and hard to bear at times.
I am 100% with you on the WHEN. To have some really good days snatched away again is hard isn't it?  In my more rational days ( and yes I can get them) I do know it's is yet another cycle to work through but as you also know on these types of days, well, we aren' t always able to feel rational because tbh it's just a really really  crappy day again.😠

I gratefully accept your hug as well Kathleen thank you I do know you have very hard times too. X

Losingtheplot

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2023, 08:03:53 PM »

After upping  my estradot to 100 sis weeks ago I finally thought I was getting somewhere. My moods were improving,night sweats not so bad, VA still much as with localised cream\gel.  Better still I had been working hard on ways to lessen and control the anxiety. Was doing okayish for me. Energy better some days, meant I could do more so mentally felt better.
Then it's period week again. Despite trying to suppress my own cycle my moods plummeted and the really nasty thoughts began to creep back in. I had hoped the pmdd symptoms from a couple of weeks ago had been suppressed. They obviously have not.

Add on the fact it is impossible to get 100 estradot in my area. Anxiety has been thorough the roof as I spend most days for the last THREE months trying to obtain my hrt ringing and visiting any pharmacy I come to. As I had some old 50's I was using 2 at a time. Had one weeks left and my (sympathetic and caring surgery pharmacy) pulled out the stops and said if I can find anywhere who had 50's to call them and they would send a new prescription electronically. I was so stressed at this point I couldn't speak to them as I was crying so much. Why is it so hard?

Felt so weak and stupid. Thought I was coping but the anxiety on my period week just threw me back down again. Feel shite today.

Just needed to get that out. Sorry. X

Hey hunni just want to give you a big hug. So sorry you are feeling like this. The anxiety hits you so hard even though you have tried methods to control it. You don't need to apologise and post what you like xxxx I just wish your Gp could find something to help you and it must get so draining for you each month. I totally feel for you. Tomorrow is another day. You will get thru this hunni stay strong xxxxxxx all my love xxxx

SarahT

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2023, 08:16:13 PM »

Thanks sweetheart,
Just a blip today I know it is. But when it hits you like that you know sadly yourself that you kind of lose the strength.  Seems like a non stop struggle and we all get pushed too far sometimes. Today was that again. Had some really good days as well which in some ways makes it worse. That hint of normal, the person, (changed from who we were, but that really is ok),  suddenly reduced to uncontrollable tears and feeling weak and vulnerable again.
It is hard to do it month after month. Will focus tomorrow on my improvements made in the last few weeks.

You all help me so much, the practical advice, the knowledge and the support.

My love to you too. Today was crap, so will just work with tomorrow. Baby steps again.😍 xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2023, 06:11:53 AM »

Morning.  Even knowing what causes my panic attacks doesn't help when I'm in the throes  >:(:'(

Little steps today  :hug:

Losingtheplot

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2023, 06:42:21 AM »

Thanks sweetheart,
Just a blip today I know it is. But when it hits you like that you know sadly yourself that you kind of lose the strength.  Seems like a non stop struggle and we all get pushed too far sometimes. Today was that again. Had some really good days as well which in some ways makes it worse. That hint of normal, the person, (changed from who we were, but that really is ok),  suddenly reduced to uncontrollable tears and feeling weak and vulnerable again.
It is hard to do it month after month. Will focus tomorrow on my improvements made in the last few weeks.

You all help me so much, the practical advice, the knowledge and the support.

My love to you too. Today was crap, so will just work with tomorrow. Baby steps again.😍 xx

So true hunni when it hits its like a ton weight. Baby steps yes and it will pass just focus on that but when it hits its really hard to see an end I totally get that xxxx Hope you have a better day today xxxx post on here hunni so we can all try and help as much as we can xxx maybe try and do 1 thing each day just for you. Paint your nails, have yourself an indulgence as in a naughty treat, play your fave songs, try some mediation. Just some suggestions but for the 10 days of these awful crippling anxiety possibly try to do a favourite thing everyday. I know its easy for me to say this but I find when my anxiety hits and I am having a struggle I force myself to do something I enjoy and feel better for it after if that makes any sense. Music lifts me so I listen to that. Even if it helps me for a short while gives me hope that things will improve xxxx
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 06:47:47 AM by Losingtheplot »

SarahT

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2023, 07:46:17 AM »

Thanks for checking I ladies,means a lot

Yes you both I know too well that when you are in the middle of it it can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Seems cruel to feel better then get I comes back down again. But baby steps all the way.

So right that you have to force yourself to do this but it really does make you feel better,just need that initial push. I will do so gentle yoga,maybe a little walk it not too hot later as that helps body and mind so I feel I am being nice to myself. No doubt out to fill the birds baths 20 times as usual... maybe  little online retail therapy. You know, something useless but pretty!

Over the disappointment today and into reluctant acceptance. But looking at my mood diary, I know I have eschatological quite a bit. Baby steps indeed. Might be my next tattoo. Along with the word rantable.still like that one.

Thanks allxx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2023, 12:57:50 PM »

Ahh bless you hunni. I love the birds coming into my garden to feed and I have the hanging bird food so pretty and love the chirping song too. You are such a strong lady Sarah and a lovely person always so helpful to me and others when we need it. Enjoy all the 'me' time you have over the next few days.  :)
Be kind to yourself like you plan too. I think you are an inspiration to be honest as even when you are struggling you are still there for all.of us.

Take care sweetheart check on you again soon xxxx
Pages: 1 [2]